Home Buying in Oceanside>Question Details

Maria, Home Buyer in Oceanside, NY

Please help! Is racism an issue in Oceanside,NY? Honest answers, please! Thanks

Asked by Maria, Oceanside, NY Tue Nov 3, 2009

Answers

5
Kent Miller’s answer
to be honest , racism is a problem everywhere in this world. unfortuanately. you can live anywhere and be subject to ignorance in any why. what i can say about oceanside is that its a great diverse area with great schools, park, stores, and people. i live in the immediate area, and so do tons of friends and family that come from all walks of life, none of my friends or family have ever run into any problems. long island is as diverse as you can get. and thats what makes it a great place to live.
just out of cuiousity, have you run into any problems in particular. feel free to call or email be if you have any questions or need an expert to show you around the neighborhood. be well
kent9173713153 kmiller@laffey.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
Race really isnt an issue anywhere in new york city, it is very diversified here so your kids would not really be affected. The schools out here are also very diversified, so if i were you, i wouldnt worry. Contact me if you would like to speak about somke real estate issues. My name is Anthony Marra.

Anthony Marra
Realtor Associate
Blue Key Real Estate Brokerage, Inc.
546 Third Avenue, Second Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11215
mobile:917-478-2368
office:718-788-2954
anthonymarra718@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 3, 2009
Why do you ask that question?
Did you experience racism?
It is against the law to favor one person over the other.
Sorry, Maria... this is not a question that Realtors can answer, honestly or otherwise. It would be a violation of fair housing laws for any of us to comment on racism as it relates to different locations.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
I don't think it's an issue in Oceanside.