Home Buying in Irving>Question Details

Pts, Home Buyer in Irving, TX

Planning to buy a townhome in Hunters Ridge, Irving, TX

Asked by Pts, Irving, TX Sun Feb 22, 2009

We are planning to buy a townhome in Hunters Ridge, Irving, TX by Ashtonwood Homes. Any input about these homes will be greatly appreciated. We are planning to stay in this home for atleast 7 to 9 years. Are these homes good buys?

Answers

6
A couple of downsides I have found in this community.

1. The proximity to 635... the noise can get old, especially the few units they have available right now.

2. There are only 2 floorplans to choose from. Imagine that when you are about to sell, you are competing with the exact same units. Not too much imagination there.

3. The patio is almost non-existent. Forget having a bit of privacy.

If you decide to go with them, opt for the unit that has the additional bedroom downstairs. They are much cheaper than anything you will get at La Villita.

Naima
214-289-8555
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 22, 2009
Thank you all for the valued information provided. It is much appreciated.
Rule of thumb in real estate:
Never purchase a home direct from a bank / builder / listing agent / seller UNLESS you have your own realtor represent you.

We answer so many questions per week buyer "wish I had a realtor represent me" cost them earnest money, home not build per specifications, etc, etc AT THIS TIME to late for a realtor or attorney become involved person has lost money or being sued.

CONTACT OUR OFFICE TODAY
972-699-9111
Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
"...Specializing in Residential, Commercial Properties and Loans..."
Dallas Realtor, and Credit Repair Consultant -
The Michael Group "Dallas Business Journal 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer - Homewise Lending
Dallas Real Estate Office:(972) 699-9111
Dallas Real Estate Website: http://www.lynn911.com 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale
PTS,
Hunter's Ridge is nice. So far resale has not been so great. There are two places that might tend to provide better values that I would encourage you to visit before you buy. One is La Villita the other is the Villas of Cottonwood Creek. Both fairly close to this area. I can send you a list of homes for sale and pictures if you would like. One of the negatives we hear about Hunters Ridge is the idea of 3 storey.
The builders reps are of course very nice and friendly, but they are working against you and not for you.
Make sure there is someone in your corner fighting for you. This is normally a free service to you and can also potentially save you thousands.

Bruce Lynn
Prudential Texas Properties
214-675-6992
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
As Cindie Said Location, Location, Location. This area is in almost the center of the metroplex with great access to entertainment, the airport and many local freeways. Also suggest using a Realtor when working with builders. Most builders are ethical and are a joy to deal with, however I have heard plenty of horror stories with buyers working with builders unrepresented. Especially 1st time homebuyers. If you are unrepresented please consider my services. Not only am I responsive and knowledgeable, I also rebate 20% of my commission to buyers.

Thanks for your time and dont hesitate to call
RJ Avery
214-682-0598
rj.avery@att.net
Web Reference: http://www.findapadfast.com
Yes, the location in north Irving is a great buy because of the location. I would recommend a realtor to help you only because they will know of a more inside scope on what extras you could get from them. It does not cost you one dime extra to have ome to have them help you and the builders won't give you the discount without out either. Things you might not ask about and know to ask can be handled by your realtor. I hope this helps. The builder has a good wrap around these parts as well.