reachsebasti…, Home Buyer in Irving, TX

Planning to buy Essex plan by Lionsgate in Dominion.

Asked by reachsebastian, Irving, TX Wed Nov 14, 2012

I am planning to buy the Essex plan by Lionsgate in the Dominion in Broadmoor Hills of Iring off Turnpike and Beltline Rd. Can someone give me a good review about the location, builder, schools etc?

Congratulations on your plans to buy! It's exciting! However, this is information your agent should be providing to you.

What frequently happens is that people are attracted to new home building in an area they like, and curious, so they walk into a model home or contact the number on the sign. When you do that, you are talking only to the agents representing the seller.

Most new home builders recognize buyers who have their own agents, particularly when their first contact includes the agent and the buyer.

In that situation, the builder (and not you) pays the commission to the buyer's agent. And a licensed Texas real estate agent works in YOUR best interests (a fiduciary relationship). And usually a buyer doesn't pay anything to be represented.

I'm guessing you are NOT properly represented.

If you haven't signed a sales contract yet, I'd recommend finding a qualifed Realtor to help you buy your home. And finding a good Realtor would be another good question to ask people you know and trust.

Thanks, Rob
You would be wise to get with a local Realtor that knows the area. Even when working with a builder that has their own salespeople, unless you are represented by a Realtor you have no representation, no one looking out for your interest.
Go to the schools website. You will find all the information you need to make a good decision. I would suggest you go to the school and check in at the office see how responsive, friendly they are.
Some neighborhoods have taken off like crazy in the area, like the one on the other side of GB, but this one has sat and sat and sat.... Who knows why.

Lionsgate is a realitively new builder from what I know of. They seemed to have popped up after the big downturn in the market. I've not heard good or bad about them. Best to ask others in the neighborhood.

You're by the airport and probably under a flight path, so you'll probably hear both aircraft noise and highway traffic noise in that location. Schools are not real close from what I remember. Elementary is probably not that far, but middle and High are likely a good distance.

Always always always use a realtor, even when buying a new home. So these are questions among many others to discuss with your realtor, even before you visit the builder for the first time.

What other neighborhoods have you visitied? Which ones interested you?
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Were you working with an agent before you got into the deal? The builder would pay the agents fee for you, and the agent would be able to answer these kinds of questions for you. If you didn't use an agent I would be curious to know what your reasoning was, especially since it wouldn't cost you anything. If you do have an agent why haven't they discussed these issues with you?