Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Tony, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Planing to purchase 2bd or 3bd unit in Walden on Lenox complex 30324 zip code

Asked by Tony, Atlanta, GA Sun Mar 24, 2013

I'm married with a 1 year old and want to live in this area?
How is Walden on Lenox can I get some reviews about this property and about Lenox rd?

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3010113172--Normandy-Ct-NE-At…

Rodney Mason’s answer
Hi Tony,
Neighborhood research is something that you would need to do yourself. Real Estate Agents are not allowed to comment on a variety of topics. The Fair Housing Act restricts the information that can be provided by a Real Estate Agent.

Off Limit Topics Include:
• Crime Statistic (including questions about whether a neighborhood is good or bad or safe)
• Demographics
• Environmental Concerns
• Household Income
• Religion
• Schools (including questions about how good or bad the school is)

Determining to the answers to questions on any of the topics listed above is something that you would need to do on your own. It is up to the individual to make their own determination about a specific area. If a Real Estate Agent were to comment on such a thing, it could be steering which is a prohibited act.

Some websites to try include:

Reasons Why A Real Estate Agent Cannot Comment

These links should be able to provide some of the answers you are seeking.

Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your mortgage options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
Walden on Lenox in now zoned for Sarah Smith School, which is very good
Hi Tony,

This was a Fannie Mae foreclosure - these type properties often go quickly - owner occupants get first bid rights, then if it isn't sold, mobs of investors come in a fight for them.

The area is very good if you work nearby or want to be close to the shopping and cultural amenities that abound. As far as schools go - they aren't necessarily so hot in many areas in this location, but with a one year old, you don't have to worry about that for quite a while. If you like the area, I could help you get into a property that has a very good elementary school, so you have even more time. By the time we are talking middle school, you may well already be planning to move for a larger home etc.

I provide a significant amount of extra service beyond those ordinary agents provide - for example, this home has stucco - that can be a big problem if it is the wrong type or improperly installed. Also, this property is a condo - there is a great amount of extra due-diligence that needs to be done with regard to any condo purchase. Call me for more details about a recent condo transaction, I had to help my clients get out of!

I can definitely help you on multiple levels - reach out to me if you are interested.

Robert Whitfield
Professional Buyers Broker
New Home Construction Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspector
Advantage Realtors
Corporate Relocations | New Construction | Luxury & Investment Properties
This property is presently under contract and is suppose to close on 5/31/2013. Please let me know if I can help further.
We have found the best "reviews" tend to come from neighbors, Tony. They will generally be candid with you without any incentives attached. Please call, text or email if we can provide further assistance. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond