Home Buying in Plainfield>Question Details

jareddehority, Home Buyer in Plainfield, IL

Plainfield Flooding

Asked by jareddehority, Plainfield, IL Wed Jul 10, 2013

I know with the amount of rain the area has received this year there are areas that have dealt with flooding problems. Is there anywhere to see what areas were affected? How badly/often this happens? We are looking at houses in Tuttle Estates and we do not want to deal with flooding concerns, especially with a finished basement.

Answers

3
Check to see how high the home is built in relation to other homes. Some subdivisions you can clearly see that some homes were built higher and that can be becasue the builder realized there were flooding issues during construction.

For mortgage help, call (855) 893-1177 or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states and you can apply online at http://www.myccmortgagebn.com. We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (855) 893-1177.

Brad Neumann
Branch Manager
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Phone: (855) 893-1177
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
I live in Plainfield and have never had an issue. Really the best way is to ask a few of the neighbors, they will tell you the truth if they have flooded or not. They don't want to live next to person that they lied too. If you need help with the mortgage I would love to help. We deal directly with Fannie Mae and Ginnie Mae and fund the loans in our name. We aren't waiting around on the big banks to approve the deal. We staff our own underwriting department and get things done quickly. You can call me at (630) 639-1081 and I can give you a pre-approval the same day and help you find a quality realtor in the area.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (630) 639-1081.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Mobile Phone: (630) 639-1081
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
3130 Finley Rd. Suite 510C
Downers Grove, IL 60515
It used to be that you had to get flood plain maps or go to the Village Hall to look at them.
Now they are installed right in the MRED MLS that your Plainfield Realtor will use to show you homes.
Just ask him to print out the flood map linked to each listing. He can call me if he has not used this new feature yet.