Tara, Home Buyer in 11949

Placed offer on home over the listed price 3 weeks ago. have yet to hear if owner accepted offer. We were told he has not responded. What do I do?

Asked by Tara, 11949 Mon Nov 23, 2009

Answers

2
Your agent should provide a copy of the Offer Acknowledgement Form - proving that the offer was provided to the seller. The next time you draw up an offer on any home, ask that your agent present the offer in person, and provide a personal letter to the home owner to pass on to them. Also, make the offer null and void after a certain amount of days, putting the urgency into the seller's lap. I also place a contingency based on a home inspection. Have the seller's agent put IN WRITING what is going on with the offer. The seller and their agent may be fishing for a better offer, so the agent's contacting other buyers who previewed the property and trying to spark perhaps a bidding war. Or, the buyer could be out of state - your agent should be cracking the whip here. - Meredith Kurz, Certified Buyers Representative - RE/MAX
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 23, 2009
First I need to know who presented your offer? Who had the listing and who presented your offer? What was your relationship to the parties. Once that is established you can proceed with a course of negotiating.