Home Buying in Tiburon>Question Details

Sophia Angela, Home Buyer in Sausalito, CA

Place to hear the ocean in Tiburon?

Asked by Sophia Angela, Sausalito, CA Thu Dec 27, 2012

Hello, I'm wondering which neighborhoods / streets in Tiburon allow a home owner to hear the ocean waves and have private beach access (hearing the ocean is more important)? I'm also interested in having views of the city if possible and a decently warm climate (I've heard Tiburon and surrounding area can get extremely cold if you live in the wrong area). Does something like this exist in the area?

Answers

3
Sophia,
There are several specific streets in Tiburon that would allow you private beach access so you could hear the ocean, some of them are: Paradise Drive, Seafirth, Old landing Road, St. Thomas. These are all on the "back side of Tiburon, facing Berkeley. The main street in Tiburon that has city views and private beach access is Mar East, which has lots of sun, and lovely weather. It is definitely warmer than Sausalito, where I also live. I currently have a listing on Paradise Drive, that has fabulous views of the water, and on a private drive down to the beach, which is privately owned. The adjoining lots that are vacant, have access to the beach, as does the Paradise Park, which is only about one minute away. There are two other houses for sale, that has beach access nearby. I would be happy to show you any of these homes so you can get a better idea of the different areas of Tiburon. Another place you have city views and hear the ocean is along West Shore in Belvedere, as well as, a few other little streets.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
actually sophia, not unlike your town of sausalito, tiburon has various micro climates and yes, it can get cool. that said, homes right on the water either along paradise drive, mar east or down in paradise cay
on the backside of tiburon can deliver the sound you are looking for. only a handful of properties can deliver both sound and city views although they do exist...as for the views, as you can imagine, tiburon and belvedere can both provide the most stunning vistas, each with their own charm and magnificence.
hope this helps...

lloyd a silverman
http://www.94920.co
415.359.6969
bradley real estate
There are properties in Belvedere and along Paradise Drive with private beaches but they are all bay-front properties. For ocean-front you will need to look at Stinson Beach or San Francisco. Here is a sample of available water-front homes:

http://www.mlsfinder.com/ca_bareis/oggikashi/index.cfm?actio…

Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012