Home Buying in Nashville>Question Details

Kalpi, Both Buyer and Seller in Nashville, TN

Physician couple in their 50s looking for good, upscale neighborhood in/ around Nashville, TN

Asked by Kalpi, Nashville, TN Thu Aug 2, 2012

Thinking of moving from rural KY to Nashville, TN. Budgeted 1-1.5 million $ for the house. Nice neighborhood is a must but school district is not important, as we do not have school age children. Most good neighborhoods have good school districts with proportionately high property taxes. Water front property desirable if in a good neighborhood. Any suggestions? TIA.

Answers

9
Kalpi -
Here are a few listings in great areas. Some of these are waterfront and others are not. We have more if you'd like for me to send them. Simply email me and I will send another round for you to view.

http://listings.realtracs.com/Reports/EmailPublicReports.asp…

Stephen Strickhausen
Benchmark Realty
615-480-5770
SStrickhausen@gmail.com
http://www.sstrickhausen.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 3, 2012
As a former Realtor myself, you should go with this guy. He is the only realtor here that directly answered your question without you having to hunt them down by phone, email or whatever. Kudos to you Stephen!! Way to work!!
Flag Wed Aug 8, 2012
If you want water front, Fairvue Plantation comes to mind. It is a lovely neighborhood in Gallatin on Old Hickory Lake. Home prices range from $289,000 to $4.4 million. There is also a golf course in the community. Gallatin is northeast of Nashville, probably a 30 - 45 minute commute to downtown depending on traffic. If you want to be closer to downtown, (but not on a lake) neighborhoods just south of the city center that are very nice include Green Hills, Belle Meade, Oak Hill, and Forest Hills. These areas include both classic older homes, and also recently built homes that were pult on lots where older homes were torn down. The last area that comes to mind is Brentwood. It is about 25 minutes south of downtown and includes newer homes on large lots. If you need more information, please let me know and I can email you some properties that may fit your needs.
Cece Wyant
ccwyant@comcast.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 2, 2012
I would suggest three areas including Brentwood, which is located in Williamson County. The Cherokee Park, Oak Hill and Green Hills neighborhoods located in Davidson County. For water front properties, Hendersonville is approximately 20 miles to downtown Nashville.
You might consider Williamson County w lower property taxes and many upscale communities. Also, Wms Co Schools are desirable and that is Very important for resale.
There are numerous beautiful gated and non gated communities to choose from.
If you specifically want waterfront, Fairvue Plantation in Gallatin on Old Hickory Lake would be the best place to focus. Wide range of prices up to several million.
When you are ready to visit, I can show you around.
Would love to help you with your mortgage if you need one. My company is located in Nashville.

Email please.
Old hickory lake. Are you looking for a boatd
ock?
ock?
Of course there are many upscale communities, some with water front, and the price range pretty much guarantees that it is a good area.

What you should be asking for are resumes of Realtor's in the Nashville communities.
We have some beautiful homes around Nashville. I will be glad to email you a few, let me know when you will be in town, and I'll show you around.
Sharon Wayman, Crye-Leike Real Estate, 615-289-6502; sharon.wayman@crye-leike.com