Home Buying in Forked River>Question Details

John Peterson, Both Buyer and Seller in Bensalem, PA

Pheseat Run Forked River Vs Whiting Station. I am interested buying a home in a 55 plus community.Would like to hear pros and cons!?

Asked by John Peterson, Bensalem, PA Wed Sep 1, 2010

Answers

3
John,

While I am not actuely familiar with Forked River area, 33% of my business is with helping homeowners downsize and enter into 55+ communtiies. There are a few general pros and cons, which I will share.

PROS
-planned activities
-snow shoveling and lawn maintenance included in fees
-an environment of likekind residents where u can often find friends with the same interests as your own (i.e., fishing, veterens, etc.)

CONS
-rules that u may not be accustomed (i.e., getting approval before making an addition to your home)
-properties are often close together - u can often look out your window into your neighbors
-most often limited to 2BRs
-storage areas are most often attic only
-square footage is smaller

I have a good friend who specializes in that area and his team are top producers. Email me @ Francesca@PatrizioRe.com and I will be happy to provide you with his contact information.

Francesca Patrizio, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
Hi John:

I have sold homes in both of these areas and other through-out Ocean County. Whiting Station is West of the Garden State Prkwy. of Forked River. You would need to check out both to see which area you may or may not like. I will be happy to show you around to see which area best fits your needs.

I will e-mail you listings in your price range. Please let me know prior when you are planning to visit the area to see some homes. I will make the appointments to see any home.

Looking forward in hearing back from you.

Theresa "Terri" Froumy
Weichert, Realtors
1020 Lacey Rd.
Forked River, NJ 08731
609-290-9192 Cell #
tfroumy@comcast.net
Hello John,
I'd be more than happy to email you some listings for both & go over the area information with you.
Please feel free to contact me at : (732) 232-1614 or email: hcocuzza@maryholder.com