Home Buying in Boston>Question Details

May, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

P.S....The seller of a condo referred me to an attorney they know...good or bad idea and if so...why?.....thank you .....

Asked by May, Brooklyn, NY Sat Feb 2, 2013

Answers

5
But why the seller has referred you to an attorney? Do consult with Liam scully and let him know about all the situation. He will guide you accordingly because he is also an attorney.
I would do a bit more research on who they are before agreeing. I also agree with Joyce that it may be a conflict of interest...be very careful.

Best Of Luck
May if they represent the Seller, it is a conflict of interest.

For what reason did they refer you to this Attorney?

j
Make sure they are a real estate attorney and hopefully they are ok. I once had a closing with a friend of the buyer that was a divorce lawyer and it was a total MESS.
May, If I understand when you say seller, I assume you mean seller of a condo you are buying. It's really neither good nor bad. Maybe he/she is trying to be helpful; maybe the attorney already knows the building, maybe, maybe, maybe. If you hire him/her, they would work for you. That said, if you have a hesitation, it's always best to follow your instincts. I suspect you are going to want to work with someone you feel completely comfortable with particularly if you are a first time buyer.

Best of luck. It's exciting buying a piece of property.

Jessie Cuddy, Realtor
Boston Bayside Properties
2253a Dorchester Avenue
Dorchester, MA 02124
bostonbayside.com