TjodanInc.,  in 33410

PALM BEACH GARDENS VS. BOCA? Help us choose. Need family environment, good public schools, shopping, lots of restaurants, parks, walkable areas..

Asked by TjodanInc., 33410 Tue Jun 26, 2012

Would prefer to be in a younger city. Which and why? ThaNKS

Answers

11
I grew up in Palm Beach Gardens and live here now. Here is my take:

- There are a lot of great communities for families. Evergrene is especially popular with amenities geared towards kids and families, Marsh Pointe Elementary having a bus stop in the neighborhood, etc. PGA National is also great as well as Frenchman's, Mirasol, etc. I grew up in the area and loved it as a kid. There are great programs and activities and you can make tons of friends.

- The schools change as new ones open and programs change (ex: Marsh Pointe Elementary wasn't around when I was younger, and Dwyer's Academy of Finance program was better when I was in high school). I have heard great things about some of the schools in Boca, so they probably win that category.

- Shopping in Palm Beach Gardens is fantastic. You have the Gardens Mall, Downtown at the Gardens, and aren't far from CityPlace in WPB, Worth Avenue on the Island, etc. You have anything from Swoozies to Louis Vuitton to Ocean Magic.

- Dining is also great in the PBG area. You have areas like Downtown at the Gardens (Cabo, RA, Yardhouse), PGA Commons (Spoto's, Vic and Angelos), Midtown (J Alexander's, 3 Forks, Cantina) and Legacy Place (5 Guys, Capital Grille, Coola Fish). There are waterfront restaurants like Frigate's, Waterway Cafe, River House and Seasons 52. Guanabanas in Jupiter is a perfect place to grab a cocktail on the water. If you're up that way there is EVO Italian and Jetty's. Singer Island has the Ocean Mall with Johnny Longboats and 2 Drunken Goats for food and drink by the beach park. There are countless restaurants to choose from.

- Walkable areas include Midtown, Legacy Place, Juno Beach Pier/Beach, Palm Beach/Worth Ave, CityPlace in WPB, etc. There are parks throughout the various communities including Anchorage Park in the Village of NPB, Burns Road Park, PGA Nat'l Park, etc.

I prefer Palm beach Gardens, but this is also where I grew up and call home. I'm sure people who live in Boca Raton love it there as well. But there is the take of a PBG local!

Good luck in your search!

Cristyle Egitto
http://www.PalmBeachPerfection.com
Since I live and am an agent in Northern California, I, hopefully, have a somewhat unbiased opinion. I lived in Jupiter for nearly 13 years and my son graduated high school there. My wife worked in the school administration in Palm Beach Gardens for a number of years. Given the choice between PBG and Boca, I would choose the former because of the schools and facilities available.

Bill Stigall
Hi Ann,

Each agent is going to recommend the area they work in. All 3 cities mentioned are great areas.

Boca has been established longer than the other two towns, therefore the eastern portion has more older style houses. Palm Beach Gardens and Wellington are newer, but still have good schools, shopping and restaurants. Wellington attracts a lot of people who are interested in Polo. If you're family likes horses you may like Wellington best.

All three cities have regional shopping malls, and plenty of restaurants.

Boca Raton will have more beach front properties, and there's a stretch just north of Boca called Highland Beach that also has some lovely properties.

If I can be of further service please contact me directly.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
http://www.floridahouseseller.com
WE WORK FROM HOME. a few times a month we have to be in office which IS exactly in between boca and pbg.
Flag Tue Jun 26, 2012
Ann,

My name is Gary Youngman, I have lived here in South Florida almost 25 years...

If you are considering Palm Beach County.. Go west... As the schools are typically far superior...
Also you will find the further west you go the home will get newer ~ !

If you are considering Boca Raton... for the most part... you can look east to west. There are a couple pockets to aviod... But not many!

If you are looking to purchase a property in this area, contact me for expertise.

I would need more info to direct you to a specific neighboorhood or community.

Gary ~ (561) 306-7653
http://www.garyyoungman.com
we do not like west. we prefer to be as close to ocean as we can. not on the ocean, but not west palm beach county. thanks. my question was re ; pbg vs. boca. not east west
Flag Tue Jun 26, 2012
Dear Ann,
I highly recommend the Palm Beach Gardens & Jupiter areas. Palm Beach Gardens with all its restaurants & shopping is only 5-15 min from anywhere in Jupiter. Jupiter offers 5 excellent public elementary schools, 2 'A' rated middle schools & a newer high school. The Jupiter Tequesta Athletic Association (JTAA) offers some of the best fields & coaches in FL & beyond. The soccer coach is UEFA level coach. There are numerous public parks & beaches for walking, cycling, swimming, kayaking, surfing, paddle boarding, kite surfing, tennis, boules, fishing, golf, etc. When I moved here 10 years ago, people drove to Palm Beach & West Palm Beach for good restaurants now those residents drive to PBG & Jupiter. It is also a much younger population than 10 years ago. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to recommend communities for your lifestyle.
PALM BEACH GARDENS-CALL ME I WILL EXPLAIN

http://www.bocaexecutiverealty.com/agents/JeffEgizio/

Jeff Egizio
561.339.0730
Have you considered The Village of Wellington. It's located between the two cities you're considering and it's everything you are looking for. Click on this link http://www.theharelikteam.com/2012/06/wellington-a-city-for-… and read all about it. It really is something you shouls consider. At the bottom of the blog article is a link to show all homes for sale in Wellington (by price range). If you want more information, please contact me. Hope to hear from you.

Joel Harelik
The Harelik Team
Coldwell Banker
561--374-4030
Good morning Ann,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Having lived in Palm Beach Gardens for a number of years with family, myself, my vote goes there.
There are several A schools with some private schools close by. Several nice parks with neighboring communities as several beach parks give you a choice and make family outings convenient.

The Gardens Mall is right in the center of Palm Beach Gardens. It is quite large with excellent shopping.
Downtown In The Gardens is a great place with Whole Foods Market and several wonderful restaurants.
Mid Town is another excellent spot for dining, as well.
In neighboring Lake Park there is Camilli's Pizza which has been a landmark for over 40 years with a game room and the best pizza I have ever had
Then there is PGA Commons which is across the street from Mid Town with small restaurants and boutique shopping.
Palm Beach Gardens also has Marshals, TJ Max, Home Goods, Stein Mart, Target .
Walkable areas are many- the beach and park at Burns Road and Military Trail to name a couple.

Palm Beach Gardens is the younger city, in my opinion.

I hope this is helpful.
Please contact me if you would like to have some homes sent to you email to preview or if you would like to discuss particulars of your home preferences.
It will be my pleasure to help.
Kathy Fox
Realty Associates Florida Properties
561-308-8613
They are very similar; median age for Palm Beach Gardens is 48, for Boca, 45. I have lived in both areas.

All schools in Boca are A-Rated. There are sports leagues for baseball, soccer, hockey; parks and the beach for walking; also walking inside a gated community is a big activity. Houses of worship help promote family activity and there are many in Boca. Perhaps in Palm Beach Gardens as well.

Mizner Park in downtown Boca features free concerts on the mall, a museum, amphitheatre, There are many restaurants and a movieplex. There are shops that offer creative art lessons and many other special interests.

If you would be kind enough to let me know how many bedrooms, pool-yes or no, highest price you would pay (although we may not go there but I do not want to send you a property that is over budget), I can send you listings and we can look in both areas to determine what you like best. MY suggestion would favor Boca Raton which has endless interests for children to pursue.

Looking forward to the possibility of working with you.

Marilyn Jacobs, Realtor
with Jeffrey Ray & Associates
561-302-3388
marilynfjacobs@gmail.com
Ann,

Have you been to either place? It may be in your best interests to visit and look around. Everyone's opinions and ideas of what's good are different. While a Realtor may give you a framework, it takes a while to get to know you and what you want. Look at city data of both places and do you own research of schools and various activities. We live in an age where everything is online and easily available.

I am sure Doris below will best be able to guide you.

Genevieve Ramachandran
Yep. Of course I'VE BEEN TO BOTH. ?
Flag Tue Jun 26, 2012
Hi Ann, Palm Beach Gardens & Jupiter are signature cities with a large population of children. There good high paying jobs in this area such as Scripps, FAU honors college, Max Plank. It is a pricier area than Boca. Schools are "A" rated, our beaches are the best with most households only 10 minutes from the beach. I am wondering why you are considering 2 cities so far apart from each other. Feel free to contact me, if you would like a tour of the area.

Doris Vogan
Realty Associates
308-6094
davogan@gmail.com