Millerbn, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Overpriced HOA docs?

Asked by Millerbn, San Diego, CA Fri Sep 6, 2013

I'm in the final states of selling my condo and received a bill for over $700 to transfer my hoa docs. this seems excessive...does anyone have any experience here?

Answers

4
We have dealt with a lot of these, and $700 is ridiculous. Usually it's between $200 - $350, which is also ridiculous. Generally speaking the CC&Rs, bylaws, and house rules (if any) don't change often, so if they haven't you can use the ones you got when you bought. Most HOAs will let you get select documents at a reduced price, but you need current insurance, meeting minutes, budget, and reserves.
Hi if you have the packet of HOA docs you received when you purchased the condo that is one way to save on some of the fees.
There is no right answer, they charge what ever they want to charge.

Best of luck in the next place you live!

Cheers

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Don't get me started on this one. Hoa's are ripping people off left and right. I would call them and complain. It may not make a difference on this transaction. I would also call the California board and complain, http://www.bre.ca.gov/Consumers/FileComplaint.html.

The only way there will be any change in the future is if we all work together to fix the problem!!

Sorry you got blindsided at closing with this.

http://www.moveupsandiego.com

Bobby Martins 858-204-7259
Thanks so much. I'll for sure be voicing my opinion here.
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013