Home Buying in Rochester>Question Details

Jag3630, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Out-of-towner interested in rental income investment in Rochester, NY

Asked by Jag3630, Brooklyn, NY Sat Jun 20, 2009

interested in rental property investement. Have $5,000 to play with. Where can I get the best bang for my buck. Would like to know estimated costs for home insurance, water/sewage, and most importantly...property taxes.

Answers

5
Shawn’s answer
I personally just closed a deal in December with Carole Snow at Remax First (585-330-6013) and would highly recommend you contact her. She can guide you though the whole process and has solid professional contacts in Rochester. For a PM, I just starting using Ricole Property Management and they have been wonderful so far. Avoid a company called Custom Realty for PM services-totally useless!

Regarding your budget, I would say up it to at least $20k or you'll probably end up in the red, over time. Good luck!
Rochester have many low priced homes !
Make sure you get good management company if you are not going to be present all the time!
Web Reference: http://kapicrealty.com/
IMO that probably won't fly. Repairs and renovations alone can easily surpass $5000. Furthermore rents are under pressure, causing increased vacancy time, and pricing pressure on rents.
Hi there,
Would be happy to meet with you and go over the process of purchasing investment property in Rochester NY. I can be reached at 585 978 0087 or by email at roxannekuliner@kw.com
I would like to refer you to an excellent Realtor and investment counselor in Rochester, Roger Benton who is with Nothnagle Realtors.

I used him myself and was extremely satisfied with his quality of service and professionalism. I refer all of my Rochester clients to him.

Gail@GailGladstone.com 631-425-6150
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com