Home Buying in Southside>Question Details

Jag3630, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Out-of-towner interested in rental income investement in Syracuse

Asked by Jag3630, Brooklyn, NY Sat Jun 20, 2009

interested in rental property investement. Have $10,000 to play with. Where can I get the best bang for my buck. Would like to know estimated costs for home insurance, water/sewage, and most importantly...property taxes.

10k? Not gonna do much with that. Look for owner finance deals on the MLS or craigslist. They pop up from time to time. Taxes I would estimate 300 per month on average. It will vary but at least put you in the ball park. Water? Estimate $25-$30 per month to be safe. Insurance? Estimate about $700 per year to be safe and again, put you in the ball park.

With 10k, you are going to look at homes that need A LOT of work unless you can find an Owner Finance deal. Good luck.

Places to look:

Fannie Mae
Where can I get the best bang for my buck? The City of Syracuse has pockets of great neighborhoods such as Strathmore, Eastwood and Valley area.

Would like to know estimated costs for home insurance? You should contact two local insurance agents because home owner insurance can be different then land lord policies.

Accurate property taxes? Should always be checked through City Hall 315-448-2489 ask for property tax department. Two homes side by side with the same bedrooms, baths and SQ/ft
could have taxes different by more then a $1,000. That’s just the way our city handles taxes.