Home Buying in Apex>Question Details

Jane Stork, Home Buyer in Apex, NC

Out of State Moving to Apex/Cary looking for a realtor to help us primarily over internet/phone calls

Asked by Jane Stork, Apex, NC Sat Dec 1, 2012

Moving to Apex/Cary area this summer and looking to buy. I am wondering if there are any agents able to work with me in terms of emailing listings specific to me and taking pictures etc? Thank you

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Apex

Hi Jane,

I have worked with many families relocating to this area. I have lived in the Cary/ Raleigh area for over 30 years, and very familiar with the area. I have had buyers that did not see the home they were purchasing personally due to timing, and moved into their home after they purchased it. I took pictures and collected information and sent it to them.

Go to http://www.livingincary.com to get all the information you need about purchasing a home (there is no obligation in using this service or my website).
You can sign up for a listing alert by putting your criteria and receiving emails of listings that match your criteria. If you need demographic information about a neighborhood or want to compare two zip codes, make sure you sign up for "Market Insider". I could also set up the listing alert for you once I know your criteria. Feel free to contact me for more information. Email: azitaw@livingincary.com
Azita Wilson 919-656-1439
Web Reference: http://www.livingincary.com
Love to be your personal shopper. Please visit my website .

919.622.2898 / 919.661.1231 919.882.1341 (fax)

For most people relocation is no easy decision. It can be a complex and time consuming process, with many questions to be answered. If you’re thinking of relocating I can give you a very informative overview of the area and acquaint you with the local real estate market. Additionally; I offer a very comprehensive website TriangleCoast.com, where you can search for homes listed for sale (set up email alerts) view Area Guides, Neighborhood Video Tours and more. If you'd like additional information please don't hesitate to contact me.
Margaret Moore
Triangle & Coast Realty
Hi Jane, I will be glad to help via internet, skype, text, etc and of course sending you email lisitngs of homes. Please let me know how I can help. Call or text 919.606.5605. My email address is dlepper@fmrealty.com PS You will love this area. We moved from out of the area as well and have enjoyed every minute. Most Kindly, Deb Lepper Fonville Morisey Lochmere Office
Hi Jane. I don't think it is too early. A few things you might be doing now so that you have a home to move into in July would be to start talking to agents and find one you click with. Once you have done that, she or he can educate you on the neighborhoods so you can decide where you want to look. Then start working with your agent to find places that you like, some may still be available when you are ready to make an offer. If they aren't then you can watch the market trends for homes that meet your criteria.

I hope that was helpful. Good luck.

It is certainly not too early to start the dialogue and interview agents to make sure you have a good fit.
Plan on a few weeks to a month to look at homes, and 45 days from contract to ownership. Time will fly between now and July!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hi everybody! Thank you so much for all responding, I am blown away by all the help!
I was wondering if it is too soon to start working with an agent/ looking at houses if we aren't moving till July? Thank you very much!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
I would recommend that you start your search now. You will need to plan at least 6 weeks from initial contract to closing (as lenders are taking so much longer these days) and also to complete your due diligence (which I can explain to you.) I have a great, interactive website where you can set up your own search or ask me & I'll set it up for you. It's never too early to begin planning your move & to start getting the idea of what homes are selling for in various neighborhoods so you can narrow your search. I'd be happy to help.
Elizabeth Scott, Realtor®, Broker
e-PRO, Strategic Pricing Specialist
Fathom Realty, LLC
Phone: 919.306.9699
Flag Fri Dec 7, 2012
Hi, Jane.

You are fortunate to have received responses from many fine agents here, several of whom I know personally.
Of course, I would toss my hat in the ring if you want to consider one more.
I live in Cary, and can see Apex out my back door.

Long distance home buying can be stressful, and a little effort on my part can reduce that greatly.
I already have thousands of photos of Apex and Cary neighborhoods, parks and amenities on line on my Flickr account for people to view:
Folks tell me that they are very helpful to them, helping them to see the types of housing, how close together, landscaping, etc.

I offer neighborhood and parks profiles in my Neighborhoods blog:
Each profile has photos and the neighborhood profiles have a link to homes currently available on the MLS.

Any local REALTOR can set up a home search for you on the MLS, with auto-email notification. I would be glad to do so, with search parameters you desire.
You can also search independently for homes, with no strings attached, on my No Hassle Property Search:
No agent in the Triangle offers a more in depth search function than I do, and you never have to register or give up contact information to search, unless you decide to contact me.

NC State law says an agent has to have a written Agency agreement to represent the consumer in a transaction.
Carla did a good thing, to post the Working With Real Estate Agents link, as it clarifies that point:
Here it is again, along with a SAMPLE Buyer Agency Agreement for your review:

If you elect to go with new construction, you need to know that the builder's agent on site is NOT there to represent your interests, but is representing the builder's interests. Having an advocate, a buyers agent is a wise choice, particularly if the home is under construction while you are still not living here.
One service I provide to my clients who build new homes is to visit frequently and to upload photos to that Flickr account so they can view and enjoy the progress. It also gets me onto the home site where I can visit directly with the builder or superintendent about any ongoing concerns.
Good luck with your home search and your move!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hi Jane,

I work with a lot of people moving from other states and countries. We moved to Cary from Florida 15 years ago and love it. I'm very familar with the Apex & Cary areas amoung others. The first thing I'd do is create a personalized home search for you and the second is help you find a lender who suits your needs. I can also assist with new construction home buying should you choose that route. Below is a link for information about working with Real Estate Agents in North Carolina -

It's important you don't share your confidential information with everyone and choose the Realtor who will represent you and your best interest.

I'd be happy to schedule a phone appointment to discuss your needs and to talk about what you'll need to know when moving to this area. You can also email me direct at carla@carlafreund.com. And seach for available homes on my website at http://www.carlafreund.com.

There are a lot of wonderful people here to help you. I wish you the best in choosing the Ideal Real Estate Professional and hope to speak with you soon. Take Care!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hi Jane, I would be delighted to help you. Where are you moving from? My husband and I moved from out of state many years ago and bought in Cary - and we just love it. Apex has so many great neighborhoods as well. Please let me know what you are looking for in a home, bedrooms, size of yard, price, etc. and I will be glad to send you listings. My email is dlepper@fmrealty.com. You will love the area!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hi Jane,

I'd be happy to help you! My email is ewayne@fmrealty.com. I'm an agent in the Fonville Morisey Lochmere office, which is situated in the heart of Cary and minutes to Apex. Looking forward to hearing from you...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012