Home Buying in Statham>Question Details

Wlynne, Home Buyer in Statham, GA

Our realtor placed a bid on a home 3 days ago i spoke with real estate company, they sent contracts back 1 day ago,realtor says she has heard nothing

Asked by Wlynne, Statham, GA Fri Jun 24, 2011

Im upset that she gave real estate company till last night to come back with a answer, they did and she is avoiding this. Its bad when the real estate company calls us to find out what our realtor has decided to do as for they could not get her on the phone. They sent the contracts over via email (signature required and rec'd) and our realtor states she hasnt heard anything. What is she holding out for on us and what do we do ? We have not let realtor know that real estate company called us.

Answers

5
All good answers - what happened since Friday?
Call the managing Broker for the firm that your agent works for. I have sent you a link for the GA, Real Estate Commission website ro find out who is the Briker for the company. The agent is working for the Broker and he is responsible for all the agents screw ups.
http://www.grec.state.ga.us/grec/realestate.html
Wlynne,
No reason to keep your agent in the dark. I'd tell them what happened and ask them what happened. As Shanna stated, there may be an excuse, but not following up shouldn't be one of them. If I don't get a response from an agent, I'm on the phone and sending email to find out why I haven't heard.
Hi Wlynne,

Is there ANY possibility your Realtor hasn't received the paperwork? (i.e. junk folder in email, someone at office took off fax, etc). However, since the other realty office says they've called her and haven't heard from her, maybe an emergency came up? Still no excuse - just thinking of other reasons than that she is incompetent. However, if she is incompetent, you need to contact her and if you can't get anything resolved, call her Broker and ask for a new agent.

Shanna Rogers
SR Reatly
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
Have a discussion with your agent, and or, contact his/her broker owner and or office manager and express your concerns, ask to be assigned another from within for the duration of the transaction...