Home Buying in Old Palo Alto>Question Details

Kathy Lee, Home Buyer in Palo Alto, CA

Our real agent deceived us

Asked by Kathy Lee, Palo Alto, CA Tue Mar 18, 2008

3%), since she didn't help us finding the house.

Now she is disappeared and doesn't answer our phone calls- Last week she sent us an email saying I only took 1% of the commission and I can not return back any money to you.

We contacted the seller agent and she mentioned they have paid full 3% to our agent!!!

Our mistake was we didn't ask her to sign any paper since she was very friendly and looked very honest and we just trusted her verbally.

What should we do at this point? It is a very frustrating because she even told us not to worry and put a higher offer on the house (10000$ more) since she is going to return 10000$ which was more than what we could afford.

really appreciate any recommendation.

Kathy Lee

Answers

1
Monique & Joe Carrabba’s answer
What a mess. That really isn't fair. I think it's time you took this up with the agents office and hired an attorney and send them a letter requesting the money. The money the agent was to have given you should have been given to you in escrow as a credit. I'd also take this up with the DRE.

Monique Carrabba