Jeanice Barry, Home Buyer in Shoreline, WA

Our house in the 98146 zip has been for sale for 60 days with two offers that fell through. Suggestions?

Asked by Jeanice Barry, Shoreline, WA Wed Nov 27, 2013

Answers

5
Generally there are 3 reasons a house doesn't sell....
1. Is it priced well?
2. How is it marketed?
3. How does it show?
It's a good sign that you have at least received some activity with 2 offers. So you need to ask yourself why did they fall through? What can I do differently?

Time on market can hurt you. Get your property in front of buyers again by doing a price drop. What is your agent doing to drive traffic to your house?
Hi Jeanice, once your home get's an offer it will go into "pending" status so the amount of interested buyers will diminish so in order to have a solid buyer, you must make sure they are 100% financeable which means you must ask all the right questions to the buyers agent about his or her client.
Also, when your marketing your home, you must get it out there far and above just the multiple listing service. I market all my homes by first building a website for that home and I market it all over the world. I have had calls from Dubai, China, and many other countries of buyers moving here or investing here.All that means is you have millions of more eyes looking at your home which means more potential buyers and getting more for your home. Does this make sense? Call or email me with more questions and have a blessed holidays.
Mark
Jeanice,
I liked Kary's answer, there is just too many things to consider. As a Broker, when I review an offer it takes time and no detail can be overlooked. One example is a pre-approval. Is it really a pre-approval or a pre-qualification? If it's an actual pre-approval is it based on credit only, or have they reviewed the income, assets and employment? Is the down payment & earnest money verified? Are they relying on gift funds or other assistance for the down payment?
This is not even close to an exhaustive list. I also however need to say this, lending is still a bit on the tight side of things and some buyer's can just be flaky. It's possible that your broker did everything right, but you've just had a run of bad luck. There is just no way for us to know.
Best of luck with your next offer, I hope it's successful.
lower price maybe?

what were reasons for the sales falling through ? do you know ?
Jeanice,
To provide anything meaningful, one must know how you are going about your home sale.
Are you attempting to sell as:
DIY
FSBO
Flat Fee
Discounter
Rebater
No Service
Limited Service
Exlusive
Affiliate
Collaborative
Real Estate agent
How you go about it determines the results.
Then comes the 'Why did those deals fall through?"
So very much we do not know.