Home Buying in Park City>Question Details

Thomas C, Home Buyer in Park City, UT

Our family is moving to Park City area this summer - just starting our search.

Asked by Thomas C, Park City, UT Thu Dec 13, 2012

Hello all!
My wife and 3 year old daughter and myself are looking for a home in the greater Park City area.
My wife will be commuting daily to SLC, and I will be telecommuting.
Excellent internet access (not satellite) is a must for myself, and avoiding some of the down town traffic is important for my wife.
We are looking for a place free from highway noise and with a large of a lot as possible. I have spent countless winter seasons in Park City as a skier and so am familiar with the town itself, but I am not familiar with the best places for family orientated residents to live.
We are looking for a 3 bedroom 2500sf single family home and would like to avoid condos and townhouses if possible. Hoping to spend under 650K.
Thank you for your thoughts and guidance!
Tom

Answers

6
I had the same decision when we first moved to Park City ... commute to SLC and good internet connectivity.

My suggestion is to look at neighborhoods between Parleys summit (pass you come over out of SLC when coming too Park City) and the turn into Park City: Jeremy Ranch, Pinebrook, Summit Park and Timberline,. You can be downtown SLC in 20-25 minutes. Internet connectivity in most of the neighborhoods (although there are a few pockets with issues). But, for example, in Summit Park, we're getting 25mps over Comcast cable. And, friends in Pinebrook get similar speeds.

If the commute time is really important, then I would suggest not purchasing along the corridor between I80 and Park City. During ski season, that can occasionally get backed up (of course, backed up means extra 10-15 ... so, it isn't extreme).

Pinebrook and Timerline will have the large lots ... around an acre and are pretty quite. Jeremy Ranch lots are smaller. Summit Park lots vary greatly in size and most are fairly vertical.

Hope that helps -- and, think you'll love living in Park City. Feel free to give me a call/emaill for more information on a specific property or to see one.

Nick Coleman
Equity Real Estate Luxury Group
435.640.7781
nick@parkcitysold.com
http://www.parkcitysold.com
Web Reference: http://www.parkcitysold.com
Tom,
My advice would be to interview a few real estate agents or teams here in Park City and find one that is going to listen to and advocate for your family in your home search as well as give you the information you need about living here. There are many good choices...
Congratulations on your impending move, this is a great place to live and raise a family

Greg Harrigan
ParkCityRealEstateGuide.com
DeerValleyRealEstateGuide.com
Tom,

The further from Old Town (Main St) the more bang for your buck. Silver Springs to Jeremy might be your best bet. Schools in the area are many, with numerous options in the preschool age group. Anything else you would like to know please give me a call or email.
Thomas,
So excited that you will be living the dream like we all are.
What you want is very doable. There are several excellent neighborhoods that would fit the size and price requirements, each with an easy drive to Salt Lake City. I invite you to check out my blog where I reviewed these neighborhoods recently - http://www.pcrealestate.blogspot.com
The three that you should look at are:Jeremy Ranch, Trailside and Silver Springs.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss any of these or other areas.
Heather Feldman
435-731-0803
Thomas, would love to help you with your search. Please check out my website at http://www.utahrealestate-expert.com for a sophisticated search engine to assist in your search. You will find that there are lots of 'family friendly' areas in Park City. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Dan
Thomas, great speaking with you yesterday. Look foward to speaking again soon!