Christena, Home Buyer in 08110

Our closing is dragging on longer than expected...almost four months since we placed out bid. Is it appropriate for me to contact the seller to?

Asked by Christena, 08110 Tue Sep 22, 2009

discuss the situation? The seller is not living in the apartment, and I believe she is the daughter of the woman who lived there.

Answers

3
Jennifer Cotton’s answer
Is this a Short Sale? What was the date on your contract for Settlement? Are you even still in a contract at this point? What is the reason you are getting for not going to Settlement? There are exceptions to everything and in order to give you a correct answer more detail regarding the situation is necessary ... If you have a Realtor representing you - definitely contact them prior to contacting the Seller - and if they are not giving you answers, then perhaps you could talk to their Broker ... if there is no Realtor involved, contact the Seller or even an Attorney ... feel free to contact me with more details if you would like a better answer
Web Reference: http://www.JennCotton.com
If you have a Realtor representing you and/or an attorney, I would go through them first. If not, then you should be in touch with the seller.

There should be contact between both sides of the transaction so that there are no misunderstandings and you are not in default of your contract.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Are you purchasing with the help of an agent? Does the seller have an agent? If no, then it would be advisable to contact them. If you have an agent or they have an agent, go through them.