Home Buying in SoMa>Question Details

Danabnrml9, Home Buyer in San Mateo, CA

Opinions on South City Lights Condominiums?

Asked by Danabnrml9, San Mateo, CA Mon Jun 9, 2008

I'm curious to know how the local RE community feels about the South City Lights condominiums in South San Francisco? I took a tour of the models yesterday and although I like the look/layouts of the new units a lot, the prices seem awfully high, especially given this market. Are they still selling briskly? There are still huge swaths of the complex waiting to be opened up for sale--does anyone have a sense of whether they'll be able to unload these at market rates or do some type of closeout? I do actually like the units and they'd be a good fit for me... but they're certainly not a good fit for my budget! There are a few slightly more moderately priced units on the resale market but they still really pretty high given the square footage and all, plus they lack the considerable incentives being offered by the sales office which pretty much makes it a wash.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in SoMa

Answers

1
C'mom. . do you really want to live with an airplane over your head for that price? I been there twice, once daytime and once at night. When an airplane flies over, you can hear its engine really going at 11pm. My friend lives there and said there are days that the airport changes the landing pattern. Planes would land from west to east direction and about 1-2 planes go above that area every minute or so. With the windows closed, you can hear the planes if you have sensitive ears, like me. With windows open, forget sleeping in peace.