Home Buying in Hanover Park>Question Details

Cheri, Home Buyer in Elgin, IL

Opinion on Tanglewood subdivision in HP - pros & cons please - they seem to make a great starter home...BUT

Asked by Cheri, Elgin, IL Tue Jul 28, 2009

but I'm worried about resale - with so many newer developments, what will Tanglewood and similar aged developments have to do to attract new buyers.

Answers

1
Good morning Cheri:

As per my MLS search this morning, it looks as though there are currently 4 pending properties to be sold, 9 that have closed in the past year and 10 actively on the market. Out of the 9 sold, 5 were foreclosures. When buying into a community with a Home Owners Association, make sure that it is well run and that the bank account isn't empty. With delinquencies high, it could mean that current home owners have to pick up the slack to get updates done within the subdivision. I can't speak for Tanglewood to know what they might do to attract new buyers, but if you are considering a purchase there - you could become active with your HOA and voice your concerns and perhaps start some sort of marketing plan to help insure the resale value of your new home.

A buyers agent, such as myself, is typically paid by the seller and will negotiate on your behalf and help to make sure that your buying experience goes as smoothly as possible. Please let me know if you might need further assistance. Feel free to contact me directly by clicking on my name and then the 'contact me' tab.

Linda Dressler, SRES, SFR, ADPR
RANWC-Realtor®
'Helping From The Heart'