R, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

One of the property that I'm looking to buy says Assessment Y Assessmt Amt $ 150. What is this fee and is it?

Asked by R, Los Angeles, CA Thu Jun 12, 2008

Answers

4
It may be a home owner association fee or it may be and additional fee for a capital inprovement such as roof or windows etc.. If it is for a capital inprovement then it is most likely a monthly fee and there should be an end date. The best way to find out for sure is to obtain a buyers agent to represent you and they can find out for sure. The best way to find a good agent is to get a personal recomendation from a friend or family member. Hope this helps you
Hello! Assessment: "Y" most likely means that "yes" there is an assessment. Depending on what website you are referencing and which field the "y" is in it could also stand for 'yearly". Again depending on which site you found your information on it could mean an HOA (home owners association) assessment or a special or local improvement district assessment (SID/LID). If it is a HOA, it could be monthly, quarterly or yearly and if it is a SID/LID it usually is billed semi-annually or annually ("Y") . However, at $150.00 I would imagine it is the HOA fee, most SID/LID are a higher dollar amount, especially if paid annually. I would be glad to discuss this further with you. You may call me at 702-499-1077 or email me at TriciaBrisendine@aol.com. Thanks!!

Tricia Brisendine, ABR, GRI
Century 21 JR Realty
702-499-1077 mobile
TriciaBrisendine@aol.com
http://www.HendersonNevadaRealEstate.com
There is no way for knowing without seeing the actual listing information, but I would venture to guess the Y stands for Yearly, and the Assessment would either be for the HOA fees as stated in a previous answer, or it could be a SID or a LID payment which is something you may see in a newer home where something like the cost of road construction in the development the property is located in is passed along to the home owners.

If the property in question is located in the Las Vegas / Henderson, NV area, let me know what it is and I can tell you for sure what the payment is for.

MIke Dobranski, REALTOR®
Prudential Americana Group, REALTORS®
Las Vegas / Henderson, NV

702-370-3521
Mike@PrimeRealEstateLasVegas.com
http://www.PrimeRealEstateLasVegas.com
Dear Home Buyer in Los Angeles,
I'm not sure the source on the information that you are looking at on this property, but I would venture to quess that it is a monthy HOA or Community fee. If you would like more information please don't hesitate to contact me.

Shane Carter 702-501-2883 or shane@carterteamrealty.com