Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

johnabraham, Real Estate Pro in Beverly Hills, CA

Once you are Licensed, How much Monthly expenses are to stay active. Expenses such as Professional Subscriptions, Desk fees, Insurances.

Asked by johnabraham, Beverly Hills, CA Fri Jul 12, 2013

How to Generate high Income ?
johnabrah@email.com

Answers

5
It varies from brokerage to brokerage.
You generate high income by working very hard, long hours. Being available at all hours of the day and night and spending time learning your profession and marketing.
that is just the short list.
Oh, yeah, and a little luck won't hurt!
Monthly expenses vary with Brokerage. Some can be quite high and unless you are very active, it can become a "law of diminishing returns".
In my opinion, you have to look at a business in Real Estate the way you would look at entering any business, there are many expenses the first few years and you do not see a return right away.
Your hard expenses are continuing education to keep your license active and any MLS fees, including Supra keys or other items required by your MLS.

Your other fees that you asked about depend on what firm you associate with, as some firms nickel and dime their agents to death and some, like mine, do not charge fees to agents. We make our money on a percentage of the agents' deals.

I would talk with several companies to compare, but these are ancillary to the real question - how do you make real money doing this? The answer is to find a mentor who will bring you along.
The answer is going to depend on the brokerage you choose to associate with. I feel my monthly fees are quite reasonable, less than $100 per month which covers my E&O insurance, two websites, and so on. I do have to pay for my NAR membership and MLS membership fees and those two combined probably equal just over $50 per month.

I would recommend you interview with a few brokerages and ask very specific and detailed questions about fees and so on. I personally hate surprises, I want to know exactly what I am going to pay and when, so I can plan accordingly.
Your monthly costs are going to depend on which firm you decide to work with as they all have different structures and costs. Generating income, prospect, advertise and put in the work and the hours. Trulia is a great place to start with your advertising. Best of luck to you.