Ls, Home Buyer in

Once a house has sold, how do you find out what the listing price had been just before the sale?

Asked by Ls, Thu Sep 22, 2011

Answers

5
Call the listing agent on the sign and they can tell what the asking price was and if it sold fast or how long on the market. If it sold fast, probably close to asking price! If not you need to wait until it closes and no need to wait 30 days, it because public record the day ot closes, call the listing agent back. As mentioned, a bit of a moot point. Unless you are a neighbor thinking of selling I dont understand the basis for the question. Call me if you care to discuss.

If you like my answer, best answer me and thumbs up, thanks!

Best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 23, 2011
Any agent with access to the MLS can get that information. There's an area (at least in the MLS in my area) that members can go into and look at all changes to the listing, including price changes.

As others caution, though, the listing price right before the sale may not be a good indication of what it sold for. And that information isn't posted until after the sale occurs.

Still, the answer to your question is: Ask any agent in your area who belongs to your local MLS.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
I think the most important information is what did the house sale for. Although tax records may show this information once recorded, it will not tell you what seller incentives were which contribute to a sold price. I have received calls asking what a house sold for but not a call related to list price.
Any local agent/realty office can provide you the information of interest--they all have access to the same information..
After the Sale is RECORDED the details will appear 30 days later.
Or, you can call the Listing Agent and his Confidentiality will have ended.

But, I have to ask, Why do you care?
It's gone.

Good luck and may God bless