Home Buying in Boca Raton>Question Details

DB, Home Buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

On average, how many homes does the average, run-of-the-mill realtor in SE Florida sell per year?

Asked by DB, Fort Lauderdale, FL Sat Jul 13, 2013

My realtor said she made 100 transactions this year. I ask her to clarify "transactions". She said "I sold about 100 homes already this year, 2013". This seems highly unlikely to me...

Answers

10
Run-of-the-Mill? We have NONE of those here!!!
As Gary Youngman's question begs, what the purpose of your questions? Who are you?
-
The average annual transactions per agent nationally is 9, according to the National Association of Realtors.
-
A highly effective SINGLE OPERATOR agent, specializing in single family homes, traditionall transactions can only do 46 transactions a year. There simply is not the band width to complete all the tasks and marketing and support and oversight and counceling and training and networking needed to be highly effective above that volume of business. At this point an agent has three options.
-
Many agents have reconfigured their operation to a team format. This means 3, 4, 5, 6, 75 agents can work on a team and ALL listings are registered under one agent. When researched, super agent will show 124 listings, 250 closing, and a yabba-dabba-doo income! The reality may be those 250 closings were the result of the effort of 15 agents. That equals 17 transactions per agent. More believeable, more realistic.and close to the average annual transctions nationally for a Remax agent. In these team environments, the listing appointment and closing table (optional) is the only time you will see this agent. You wll be subject to a battery of unknown team callers as your home sale progresses.
-
Be aware, some agents have specialities such as REO or exclusive arrangements with complexes or builders than CAN produce such numbers. But don't expect them to answer the phone or show your home.

Unfortuneately, those postcards keep arriving in the mail. "Sold 56,000 homes in Dunedin this year! List with me!" NOTE: Dunedin has a population of 37,000.
-
My personal end of year prodictivity is projected at 42 transactions. I've got six months to go.
-
When an association begins with misdirection, one should proceed with caution.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 15, 2013
People should not lie. If they insist upon doing so, they should make their lie somewhat believeable. Your Realtor failed to meet this standard.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 13, 2013
I know the answer is well after the question, however here is the way to make any Realtor tell you the truth about what they have sold. Have them take out their laptop and plug into the computer the criteria of the date, their name, and homes sold on a MLS search.

The properties for that agent will show on the screen. You can click on each listing to make sure that the agent's name is attached to that sale. It is possible that the agent had sold 100 properties in 6 months, your post was from June of 2013. It is somewhat unlikely due to the fact that the average Realtor sells 12 properties per year. Like any business some salespeople are well above average. I would have them show you the proof. If they can't produce the facts with a simple MLS search then you may have caught them in a lie. The Area Association for Realtors would likely tell you if that person is embellishing on their sales numbers or if they are in the ballpark. I don't believe they will give you the actual number of sales.
I show my prospective clients a list of all the properties that I have sold in a given period of time in a specific area or as a whole. The best way to have proof is the MLS search.
Our FlexMLS is great. We can run an entire report on any agent from any date to any date, and see all activity including sales, listings, co-listings, etc. Takes one minute and it's pretty accurate, not perfect, but close.
maybe she is telling you what her team or office as a whole has sold, according to NJAR 2013 the average realtor did 12 transaction sides last year.
It's possible but unlikely. I would have to imagine that the realtor you talked to is lying.
Were does personal sales or team sales or brokerage sales?

Is she a listen agent exclusively....one who will never go out to show your home?

Is she one of those that gets corporate foreclosures at her desk without ever going to request the sell?

I believe the number of sales has little relevance compared to the service provided. Your best bet would be to look at an agents reviews and satisfaction of past clients when determining who to hire.

Go to the green Trulia search bar above, click on "find a pro", and compare that agents reviews to others in your zip code. You may be surprised. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
Antonelli Realty
While I can state firmly NO ONE should be dishonest in disclosure.

Please advise as to your own identity - It seems you are being very clandestine on this site...
Questions.... Review profile...
WHY?

100 home sales already this year seems like she must be working day and night 7 days a week with no time to eat or sleep.

Many agents work as a "team" and will advertise all the sale of the "team" as their personal sales. I see this often in some of the local publications. The agent claims XX amount of sales and shows photos of the houses they sold. If you take the time to review each transaction, you will find they had no personal interaction with either the buyer or seller.

Ask your agent if they "personally" sold the houses or if they are including the sales of their "team members".

If I can be of further service please contact me directly.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
Talking about averages is always tough.... In the Realtor Association of the Pam Beaches, for example, there are about 9,000+ Realtors. Only 600 agents will do more than about $5,000,000 in sales. Of the 9,000+ Realtors they average 6 transactions for about $1,650. in sales.... so you can see that using averages doesn't work very well.
If you're looking at hiring a Realtor, look at their individual history, how the work (if they have a team or not), how many years they've been in business and what's their personal averages over time. That will tell you if you're dealing with a professional with history or a newer agent just learning the ropes. (which by the way, there are some very good, professional, new agents out there).
Hope this helps.
If you'd like some more information, please call The Bass Group at Keller Williams Realty. 561-218-1230. We've been a top ranked team averaging well over 100 transactions a year for many years.