Home Buying in Ocean City>Question Details

Ocshopper, Home Buyer in Ocean City, NJ

On asbury (southend), what is the general rule of thumb for difference in price for top floor versus first floor condo's ?

Asked by Ocshopper, Ocean City, NJ Tue Apr 27, 2010

Answers

5
I owned my own duplex condo at 3852-54 Asbury Ave for over 20 years and I rebuilt it about 14 years ago.
The rule of thunb is about 20K difference between first and second floor and 30K more for the 2nd floor if it has a roof top deck. 2nd floors are more private with cathedral ceilings,better views and more air flow. 1st floors are easier on the knees!
Check out my website at: http://www.kenfowser.com for all Ocean City NJ listings.
Seas the Day!
Web Reference: http://www.kenfowser.com
Depending on the specific property and location it is not unusual to have a difference of $30,000 between the top and bottom floor on an average 3 bd/2ba condo.
The price depends on what you want. I have sold both top floor units and first floor units in the south end of Ocean City. The first floor units are convenient because you do not have stairs to climb when you come to the shore. Usually, both units have front and back decks to enjoy the sea breeze. The advantage to the top floor units, most of them have a roof top deck that is exclusive to the second floor unit, and on Asbury Ave. it usually comes with ocean views which are stupendous. Again, it is what you want....I can find you the best home if you would like. Call me at will your earliest convenience and I will show you all the units available. Now is a great time before the Easter Season and rentals have begun to book...(609) 408-1282
There is no general rule of thumb--you need to be aware of recently sold similar units in the immediate area--review the data and see what it suggests as far as pricing--if you don't have an agent consider the services, he/she can advise you best.
The answer to this one will depend on the location. The swing of value between the lower unit and the top is going to vary by quite alot based on the location. The best way to determine what the values swing would be has to be done with prior sales. The market will answer that question.

If I can be any help , give a call.

Edward ( Augie ) Augsberger

WEICHERT COASTAL

Direct # 609-338-1189

Office # 609-338-1189
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 1, 2010