Home Buying in Crestmont>Question Details

Koorosh, Home Buyer in Oakland, CA

On a scale of -10. 10 Being the best how would you rate Crestmont, Oakland, CA?

Asked by Koorosh, Oakland, CA Tue May 22, 2012

Answers

2
Hello Koorosh,

Crestmont is a wonderful and very desirable area of Oakland. There are many sites you can check for crime and school performance.

Please feel free to call or email me if you would like to view available homes in this area.

Thank you :)
Are you talking about price? Safety? Schools? What type of rating are you looking for in particular on that 1-10 scale?

Crestmont is a lovely area of Oakland. You can check crimewatch websites like this one http://spotcrime.com/ca/oakland/crestmont to see about recent activity. Most areas of Oakland are going to have auto theft and incidents of robbery so don't be put off by what you see on these types of maps.

My recommendation is to spend some time in any area you are considering buying a home. Walk around the neighborhood at different times of day to get a feel for the community. If you see folks outside in their yards, engage them in conversations about where they live and why they chose to move there. You would be surprised at how willing some folks are to talk about their street, any safety issues, experiences with schools, etc.

If you have more specific questions I would be happy to help!

Jessica