a_uminga, Home Buyer in Georgetown, TX

On FHA Deed of Trust, Non-Uniform Covenant paragraph #17-Assignment of Rents, does this apply to a Residential home care at your home?

Asked by a_uminga, Georgetown, TX Wed Aug 7, 2013

Answers

9
Definitely to residential properties
Your Attorney should be able to advise you the best in this one!
Great question for your attorney
This sounds like a question for an attorney. My question to you is why would a Residential Home care person be paying rent? Wouldn't you make there living in the home part of the income received?
Usually as long as you pay the mortgage you will not be bothered, BUT you should triple check the contract and talk to your attorney about your plans.
I'm not a lawyer (my disclaimer), but if you read through the documents I interpret it to state that the assignment of rents applies when borrower fails to make the mortgage payments. If borrower fails to make monthly payments the lender has the right to collect the rents. This is to prevent borrower from being delinquent AND collecting rents on the secured property at the same time.

However, if you'd like to consult a lawyer, I suggest you contact Erik Miles at 312-854-8092 as his rates are reasonable.
I would speak to your attorney on this. They can help.
That's the perfect question for a real estate attorney .
I would suggest going on the FHA web site and looking at the Frequently Asked Questions and also the Contact Us tab and ask the question directly to them. I feel that no real estate agent will able to satisfactorily answer this question.