Home Buying in Apple Valley>Question Details

Roxann Adam, Home Buyer in Wisconsin

Ok ??? I want to buy the house....Cash!! How soon can I move in????

Asked by Roxann Adam, Wisconsin Tue Mar 5, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/3111013912-16238-Rancherias-Rd-Appl… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3111013912-16238-Rancherias-R…

Answers

6
Usually about 2 weeks. There are a lot of components, and you need to wait on some of them, like preliminary title report and natural hazards report, and then if you are doing inspections, the inspectors are usually a week or two out.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 5, 2013
Hi Mary,
That home is being sold as a short sale which means that there is no guarantee that you can get the house for the price offered. The way that this works, once the bank has an offer, they will have the house appraised and also looked at by a couple of real estate agents to help establish the value of the home. If the value of the house comes in at what you are offering, then the bank will normally accept the offer and escrow will open. This initial process can take some time, but once the short sale is approved, then the escrow can move fairly quickly.

If you have not found an agent to help you with this home, then please let me know as I would be happy to help you with it. I live in Apple Valley, I'm a certified Short Sale Specialist, and I sell a number of bank owned homes in that area.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Tony Card
tony@tonycard.com
Your first step is to get an agent to write an offer for you! Many properties are receiving multiple offers and even with cash you may have to bid higher than the asking price in some areas, like out here in Northern California. Your next step is to learn about the inspection periods and what is in your best interest to inspect before removing all your contingencies and closing escrow.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
The property will be yours to move in upon recordation of grant deed. Normally with cash transactions, it's 2 weeks from Seller Acceptance/Short Sale Approval.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
my last cash transaction: offer accept over the weekend, opened escrow on Monday and closed on Friday. Not typical, but can be done.
This property is a short sale. Although the short sale time frames are improving your still looking at a lengthily process. Every short sale is different, it helps if the agent listing the home knows what they're doing compared to an agent who's never listed a short sale, on average your looking at about a 90 day escrow.