J, Home Buyer in Wilmington, NC

Ogden/Murrayville Road Area

Asked by J, Wilmington, NC Wed Jan 15, 2014

What do you think about the Ogden/Murrayville Road/Whitney Pine Area? Is it a good place to purchase a home? Will you get a return on a home investment? Homes seem reasonably priced in the area although the new construction seems a bit high for the area especially since it it mixed into older homes. What are the demographics, advantages, disadvantages etc. to this area. Thanks

It is a great area and I sold 6 homes in that area last year alone. The one thing that I do recommend to keep an eye on is the extension of Military Cutoff Rd. Make sure that the home you are looking at will not be impacted too drastically by that project. Please refer to NCDOT project U-4751 at http://www.ncdot.gov/projects/publicmeetings/default.html

95% of the homes are not impacted so don't let it scare you off. With that said once the project is completed the road will provide easy access to the by-pass for a quick trip to Myrtle Beach and better access to the shopping and dining at Mayfaire.

If you have any questions feel free to call, email or text.

Jeff Lesley
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 15, 2014

This area is convenient to Wrightsville Beach. Schools are considered to be very good (not the very best in Wilmington but still in the top 10% or so). It is convenient to interstate 40 and some major area employers. As you stated, some neighborhoods offer relatively well priced homes. With these factors in mind it is a good location for working families with school age children. It is a desireable area for both renters and home owners. If you are looking to purchase for rental income this could be a good area. If you are looking for a place to live and those features are important to you it could also be a good area for you.

You are welcome to learn more about the area by visiting: http://homesbysasha.com/

Sasha Stevens
Coldwell Banker
For a much less commercialized area with A LOT less traffic, you can check out the southern end of the county more towards Carolina Beach. Specifically the 28412 zip code has some areas where investment homes can be cash flow positive and this zip code actually gets you the most for your money according to recent stats. Would love to help when you're ready!
I agree with your observation as well. I like this location for convenience & proximity to the beach. Many of my clients are gravitating to the Ogden area for these reasons.

If you would like to email me (AimeeFreeman@kw.com) your criteria, I would be happy to send you over a list of homes to review that may meet your needs.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Aimee Freeman
I personally enjoy this location due to family lives in this area. With your analysis on the area you hit the nail on the head with new construction prices and resales. Demographics consist of heavy commercial close by for convenient shopping and close to schools. Disadvantages is the high turnover rate due to homes in this area are good rental investments.