Home Buying in Washington>Question Details

cathy, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

Oftentimes, a unit is listed as a condo when, in fact, it is a co-op. How can I tell whether it is a real condo?

Asked by cathy, Washington, DC Tue May 20, 2014

Answers

3
This case your best choice would be to consult a Realtor.
Why not simply enlist the help of an agent who can set up you an automatic search for you based on your criteria straight from MLS; why rely on third party sites where the information may not be accurate, not updated, or too old....
Hi Cathy,

You could search the address to see what other listings say, or you could call an agent and have her/him run a search for you. When an agent enters a listing into the MLS, they have to indicate if the unit is a condo or coop, but as you've found there may be mistakes sometimes. Generally coop fees include all of the utilities as well as the taxes. But depending on which sites you are using to search, you may or may not have access to that information. Let me know if I can help.