Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

a.lee6686, Home Buyer in East Lansdowne, PA

Not getting answers quickly or accurately pertaining to my questions.

Asked by a.lee6686, East Lansdowne, PA Thu Jul 3, 2014

I'm in the midst of buying my first home. It's been over 2 weeks since my offer was submitted. They responded and accepted my offer 7 days after. I did my home inspection and had a contractor come through the home in case any repairs were necessary. The home is completely and fully rehabbed. There were a few concerns during the home inspection, many minor repairs and a few major. I've been trying to seek questions about the home and want to see if the sellers are going to fix anything prior to closing. My agent keeps telling me the sellers agent will respond. But when she does, my questions aren't being answered. Then when I contact my agent, she keeps telling me to be patient. Is my agent not being aggressive enough? Ashe also recommend that I act quickly and provide an answer within 10 days after the sellers signed the agreement. But, how am I suppose to do that when I can't get answers? Am I being too impatient; is this common; or should I back out?

Answers

3
Definitely depends on the structure of the agreement and clauses in the inspection.
depends on your inspection objection/resolution deadline dates are. The seller has until this date to respond they maybe getting estimates from contractors and repair people to get this done. The Inspection is a option for you as the buyer to get out ... IF THE SELLER DOES NOT RESPOND they are obligated to fix the things that are in your Objection...

Hope this helps and good luck!
Suggest you talk with the agent's broker.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 3, 2014