G, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Non-resident on B1 visa wanting to buy a condo/townhouse in Houston, Texas.

Asked by G, Houston, TX Sun Jun 17, 2012

The reason behind this property buy out is because I will be starting a company in Houston at the end of 2012 on my B1 visa. As soon as this happens, I will also apply for an ITIN but I am not eligible for a social security number. Considering this, is it possible for a non-resident with no SSN to buy a property in the state of Texas? My duration in the US will be around 5 months at a stretch and traveling back to my home country and returning again to the states in the same fiscal year. I am looking at buying a townhouse/condo with a budget of around 90K with an affordable maintenance fee of about $200 - $250, with a 2 bed 2 bath and 1 car garage floor plan.

Answers

6
Watch out the guy named Ricard - EI Bey.
He is a fraud. He cannot get you any loan at all. What he does is cheat your money for appraisal which he will never done. Once if he got the money, he will not answer your phone or email anymore. You can search at Georgia License website, he does not have license at all. Just a fraud.
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
thegocp@gmail.com
I happen to work with an excellent lending group that has special programs for non-citizens with visas. The program will allow for people without SSN's to acquire property with a non-conforming loan that is funded by private investors. You will have to be able to put a sizeable down payment down, and the interest rates are slightly higher than prime rates, but it is possible.

Nasyim Segal, Broker Associate
Boulevard Realty http://www.SegalRE.com
Because of my immigration status, I will be made to pay upfront the entire down payment once and for all. I can most likely do this without any hitch but how can I do this is the question and if there is a possibility for a case like mine?
You have a steep hill to climb in Houston. Condos in that price range in Houston often are difficult to get financed. The owner occupancy rate eliminates most lenders from considering them. Adding your visa issue makes it more difficult. BBVA Compass bank works well with folks here on a work visa. I would give them a try.
Web Reference: http://www.DaveRealty.com
This is a matter which should be addressed by an attorney specializing in immigration matters. It's a bit complex, and Realtors are not permitted to provide such legal advice. I wish you well.

Al Geffon
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon