Home Buying in Washington>Question Details

Chris, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

Non-resident mortgages available in Washington DC

Asked by Chris, Washington, DC Sun Aug 26, 2012

My father-in-law is a Brazilian and Portuguese national who lives primarily in South America. He owns an investment condo in Washington DC and would like to like to refinance it to take some money out. Are there lenders in the area who can help him?

Answers

3
Ericka S. Black’s answer
Hey Chris,

Did you get the help you needed? If not, I have some lenders that may be able to help your Father-in-law. Call me at (202) 670-6677.

Talk to you soon,
Ericka S. Black, Realtor
Central Properties, LLC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
No, I didn't. Bill Panici graciously gave me some names of lenders he thought might do it, but it seems like no one lends to non residents these days.
Flag Sun Sep 9, 2012
Of course there are. The property is simply an investment property. I have refinanced investment properties of my own. There may be a slight rate increase, but for a single condominium, I would expect it to be minimal, say 1/8% higher. I am happy to send you my list of lenders. Please contact me at: billpanici@aol.com, or (202)277-4675.
Bill Panici
Bill Panici