Home Buying in Fremont>Question Details

PS, Home Buyer in 95134

Nice Neighborhoods along the Pleasanton - Almaden Valley region (young couple - relatively new to Bay area)

Asked by PS, 95134 Sat Mar 28, 2009

I work in the North San Jose/Milpitas area & my wife works in the Newark/Fremont area. We have seen some neighborhoods in the Pleasanton area that we really liked and also in the Almaden Valley down south. The main reason is the greenery & views, etc.. We are trying to narrow down to few locations in between the two so that we do not have long commutes. Another area we like to consider is the Mission area near Fremont. Based on this information what specific locations would you recommend us to look into for a home around the 550K-650K. We definitely dont want to be too far away from the amenities, etc. We are looking for min 3 bed & 2 bath.

Hi, Lubna is right. the homes in the Mission area of Fremont are a bit pricey. I ran a search of my MLS and found 33 homes in Pleasanton in the price range you quoted. I would be happy to send them to you via E-mial If you would like, so you can look at the pictures, Just send me your E-mail and I will forward them to you....Dawn
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 29, 2009
I would sincerely suggest Pleasanton. They have a nice little down town that I'm sure you will enjoy.
The schools there have been doing very well too. Mission is a little pricey. And Almaden Valley will be a little further for your wife's commute. All in all you have picked good areas. wish you well on purchasing your new home. If you want any further info you can call or e-mail me. I'd be happy to help you out.
Lubsheikh@yahoo.com. 510 882 6729
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 28, 2009
I like both areas, and if I didn't have kids, I'd pick Mountain View, but since I do for the price, Pleasanton or Fremont (other than the Mission Area) is the place to be.
Pleasanton is really a commuter's dream in terms of access particularly given where both you and your wife work. You really can't beat the amenities there either, sounds like you have looked around a bit so you know why it's one of the premier places to live in this area. The schools are top notch and the downtown is second to none. It truly has everything. You can find some nice homes in your price range and now is certainly the time to get in the market there. My business partner lives and works in Pleasanton and we have clients constantly looking to buy in there, it's a great town. Feel free to contact us or search for homes on our site at http://jscarealty.com/mls-search-c10346.html. Best of luck.

Erica Jones Starkey
Broker, Co-Founder
JSCA Real Estate Group
Providing Superior Solutions for Your Individual Real Estate Needs
office: 925.989.1613
fax: 925.905.2417
Web Reference: http://www.jscarealty.com
I have an office in Plesanton and think it's a great area to raise a family. However, commuting can get old very fast. The first few months the drive to the South Bay will appear to be no problem. However as time goes on it becomes more of an issue. I suggest you try the commute during commute hours to get a feel for what it's really like.
Hi, checked Mt. View and 5 homes came up in the requested price range (I looked for 3 beds 2 baths) 2 were pending one says bring your contractor, and the other two were not bad.....I will be happy to send them to you just let me know. I worked for the Realty world in Pleasanton for a few years, before I moved to the fremont office and the Pleasanton area is very nice and has some of the best schools in the bay area. Either way, Welcome to the bay area it is a great place to live.....If I can help in any way feel free to contact me.....Dawn
Whisman Station is very centerly located, and will always be desirable to buyers and renters, also it is a relatively newer area. The Schools are not the best. If you do not have any school going kids, I'd say Whisman is a nice area to live in for a few years and decide as to where you would like to go next. If schools is an issue try Pleasanton. I can send you listings of all the homes available in these area if you are interested??
Best Wishes
Lubna 510 882 6729
Mtn. View - the school District is not as good as Pleasanton or Mission.

Commute will be much better from Mtn View (in terms of traffic etc).
Thanks for the answers. What about Mountain view (whisman station area) ? We were there recently an found that area to be nice. We want to reduce the list to 2 or max 3 neighborhoods and then start actively looking.