Home Buying in South Atlanta>Question Details

Cindy8888, Other/Just Looking in South Atlanta, Atlanta...

New job at Ft Gillem

Asked by Cindy8888, South Atlanta, Atlanta, GA Tue Nov 17, 2009

Am considering a job at Ft Gillem. I'm coming from the west coast. While I prefer a somewhat urban setting it appears that I'll need live in the suburbs somewhere south to avoid excessive commutes and trust me I've had it with 1 hour commutes. Any suggestions on good neighborhoods to look in? I'll rent at first unless I can get a really good deal since I own a home here I cannot sell yet. No children (just a dog) so school is not an issue. Thanks.

Bruce Ailion’s answer
Hi Cindy,

There are many affordable prices in the Ft. Gillem area. Prices in this area are very depressed at the current time. In addition to being a broker, I am also an investor and have a preference for buying in this area due to the current depressed values. I am purchasing homes that sold new for $120-180K for $40-60K today. I rent these from 1000-1400 per month, the cost to own would be far less than to rent. You can search the REALTOR listed database just like an by requesting a long in to listingbook at my site http://www.AtlantaHomeDatabase.com. Search cities for Jonesboro, Riverdale, Ellenwood for proximities to Ft Gillem. You can also search rentals there. If it is at all possible for you to purchase, now is the time.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Internet Professional
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
770-973-9700 Office
404-978-2281 Direct
Greetings Cindy,
If you are still in need of taking a look at the homes available to rent, email my office at info@FultonCountyREO.com.

The words "considering', 'rent' and 'i own a home' are like kryptonite :-)

Let me know if you still need help.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 29, 2009