Jinger Knox, Real Estate Pro in 32940

New flood zone maps.

Asked by Jinger Knox, 32940 Fri Oct 11, 2013

Sellers and buyers alike need to be aware of the new flood zone maps and the fact that you might not have to carry flood insurance even if you are within a flood zone. If you find yourself having to procure pricey flood insurance and your house was built anytime within the last two decades you may want to look at the pdf at this link (copy and paste) http://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/20130726-1437-20490-3… It explains how and why you might be exempt. All of that fill that the builder put into your lot to make your home above the crown of the road could actually save you thousands of dollars on flood insurance.

Best of luck.
Jinger
321-288-1689
Four Star Real Estate

Answers

4
Thanks Jinger, this is really good information.
Prepare for it to take about 8 weeks for fema to receive your elevation certificate to remove your property, you should also know that once you purchase flood insurance your insurance company may not refund your premium for the year. Ask this question in advance before deciding where you will get your coverage if you think your home will be removed from the map because it is above elevation.
thanks for sharing. I posted it on my facebook page.
Thanks! I'm sure that will help a lot of people!