Home Buying in Franklin>Question Details

Lori, Both Buyer and Seller in Massachusetts

New construction on Daniels Street in Franklin, MA?

Asked by Lori, Massachusetts Thu Jan 3, 2008

Anyone know any scoop on the 10 new homes being built on Daniels Street in Franklin, MA? We looked at the model home a year ago and it doesn't look like they've sold many (or any) lots in that whole year - they are still advertising the same prices and the same photos of those properties as a year ago. What's the deal?

Answers

4
Hi Lori, Looks like you have a few good answers here (the value of the internet). We are probably the closest real estate office to the Intoccia Development and have some add'l info on the status of new developments in this market and what to expect (as we have another development we're marketing in Norfolk). Feel free to contact me - I'm the manager of the Prudential Page Office and will link you up with one of our Franklin realtors.
Hi Lori,

I am an Realtor and fresident of Franklin. There are a few things going on here. You may not know this but there are also condos going in this development (Franklin Heights) on Lincoln Street. There has been little activity although it is a good price for new construction in Franklin. Feel free to contact me with any further questions.
Lori,
This development is being built by Intoccia Construction, the same company who built my house in Norfolk 5 years ago. Please contact me directly if you'd like to hear what my personal experience with this builder was like. It is a very attractive price point for new construction in Franklin, but I would urge you to speak to someone who has been through the process with this very same builder. -Mike
Hi Lori, I looked up the development on the MLS. It looks as though only one lot has sold in the past year. That is Lot 37A. It most recently listed for $469,900 and sold for $459,000. To give you a little history on Lot 37A, I can tell you that it was originally listed in the MLS back in January, 2006 for $574,900. At the time, the builder was offering a 2,500 square foot house. According to the MLS the builder decided to build a 2,000 square foot house. And that is the house that sold for $459,000 in December, 2007. There are plenty of other lots to choose from. Feel free to contact me with any additional questions. With regards, Jon
Web Reference: http://www.bowenboston.com