Home Buying in Kissimmee>Question Details

Alessandro a…, Home Buyer in Italy, TX

New Villa Construction

Asked by Alessandro and Lilit, Italy, TX Mon Aug 25, 2008

Good day,

in my research i saw that builder continue to build townhomes, so its no difficult find new one still in costruction, but i didnt see a builder that is
constructing new Villa. There is a reason? Maybe more difficult to sell? Or maybe now generally is better invest in a townhome?

Thanks, and sorry for my English

Alessandro

Answers

5
Ciao Alessandro!

There are many new construction villa communities spread out through Orlando. Most of them offer townhomes and villas.

It's not longer cost effective for the builder to build homes because they aren't selling like they were three years ago. The market here in Florida had enough inventory built in the last six years to last us for the next 20 years.

If you are looking for a holiday villa the Davenport area is the smartest way to go from an investment standpoint. The homes are zoned for short term rentals and you can turn it over to management to handle it for you. I suggest looking Regal Palms and Bella Piazza. Two very nice resort style communities that you can buy already furnished.

Cordiali Saluti,

Erica Muller
Hello Alessandro,

The purchase between a townhome and a single family home in a resort community is purely a preference.
Prices have fallen over the past year to make both more affordable.

Are you coming to the states soon? I would love to show you what is available. There are some inventory homes and townhomes available from the builders that you can get great deals on.

Some communities have both townhomes and single family homes in the same community.
To view some of the communities I have made a few photoshows to give you a quick overview of the community. I don't have all of them but please feel free to view what i have so far.

http://www.photoshow.com/members/cinderellarealty/all

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a line.
Hi Alessandro, there are many opportunities for new construction single family homes/villas, not just townhomes or condos. One reason that you see many more condo and townhome projects over villas in the rental areas is that the Builders want to maximize profits. With the cost of land near the attractions very expensive it is more profitable for them to build many condos or townhomes instead of just a few houses. More townhomes does not necessarily mean that it is better to invest in a townhome...it doesn't make townhomes bad either. There are many factors which contribute to a successful investment. A REALTOR can help you evaluate your needs and wants to find the property that is right for you and your objectives. I would encourage you to choose one to help you with your purchase. Services are free to Buyers. As before, I would be happy to help you.

Brent Ferry
International Drive Realty Orlando
Web Reference: http://www.1031Orlando.com
Ciao ancora, È ci una certa ragione per la quale preferite la villa? La convenienza ha mólto fare con esso e meno domanda delle ville.
Potete metterseli in contatto con direttamente poichè sono soltanto un azionamento di ora da Kissimmee. Aspetto con impazienza di sentire da voi.

Fulvia "Phil Fowler"
Phil@PhilFowler.com
http://www.Phil Fowler.com
Hi Alessandro

One of the main reasons is price. Selling prices rose rapidly between 2003 and 2006 and when the real estate slowdown came along, builders were forced to find lower-cost alternatives. Not only had buyers naturally become cautious after the rapid price rise, but the economics of investing didn't work any more: rental income was way below any level needed to pay operating costs and loan repayments.

Townhomes were one response (e.g Lennar at Paradise Palms) because the building cost is lower. Other builders such as Park Square still offer townhomes (e.g. Bella Vida) but they also build new villas (Bella Vida and Watersong). They have changed the floor plans to make some of their villas less expensive - for example, by using shingle roofs instead of barrel. There are other villa developments, just not as many as there were and not selling very fast!

Regards

Colin Stafford
Perfect Florida Homes LLC
407-703-8663