Home Buying in Grapevine>Question Details

House Hunter, Home Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

New Home Areas

Asked by House Hunter, Fort Worth, TX Fri Jan 1, 2010

I am looking for a generalized listing of new homes for sale (new construction) in the $225,000 to $300,000 range in the area from Keller to Grapevine. Is there a website that lists all areas currently under construction rather than searching for each builder?

Answers

9
Hello House Hunter!

I live in Keller and it amazes me how quickly these homes move from "available builder spec homes" to SOLD!

I figured it out! Builders advertise when they have a volume of homes available, when they are first breaking ground on a new community or need to "close out" a community.

I would suggest that you first determine a builder that has high ratings in the qualities that are most important to you. Here is a link to J.D. Power's 2009 Home Builder Survey for the Dallas/Fort Worth area:
http://tinyurl.com/yjlbak8

A couple more helpful links for the area:

http://www.internest.com/city/kellertx.asp Keller New Home Builds
http://tinyurl.com/yk4zl8z You can narrow the Fort Worth map to Keller/Grapevine

The next step is to find a Realtor that knows the area (such as yours truly) and will complete a full search on your behalf. Are you looking for acreage and/or contemporary, vintage,southwestern,rustic in design?

I find it helpful to ask my clients to describe the home they have in their mind to me. There are a series of leading questions I would have to help you in this area as there are many attributes of a home that a person who buys a home maybe 5 times in a lifetime would not consider as opposed to a Realtor who sells this amount in a good month.

The price point you describe could buy more square feet in one area with a lower quality in design and fixtures versus a smaller home on a medium sized lot with upgrades to the hilt. The Grapevine/Southlake areas typically carry a high price per square foot on new builds as well as older homes because you are paying for the location. Builders will tell you that the best deals on price per square foot are to be found by looking further away in distance from the metro area.

My goal is to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision when buying your home. I realize that your initial quest may not have been resolved and the reason is mainly because Builder's are competitors. The one resource you do have available is a trustworthy Realtor that knows the business and has only your best interest at heart.

Feel free to interview me and determine if I am that person!

Lucy A. Puniwai
ZIP Realty
http://www.ziprealty.com/agent/lpuniwai
Hi House Hunter. I have experience working for and with custom home builders. If you have a real estate need and would like to discuss your options, I would like to help. I will work hard to help you find a home or sell one using state of the art 21st century marketing techniques.

Patricia McCrite - Realtor
Coldwell Banker Residential
patricia.mccrite@cbdfw.com
214-862-2457

Patricia McCrite - Realtor
Coldwell Banker Residential
patricia.mccrite@cbdfw.com
214-862-2457
Hello House Hunter,

There isn't a specific website that list only "new construction" homes. I would be more than happy to send you a list of new homes based on your criteria! I specialize in the sales of brand new homes and very familiar with the builders in the Ft. Worth area. Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Make it a Blessed Day!

Tamika Turner
"Your New Home Specialist"
Cell: (972) 697-1178
Email: Info@NewHomesInDFW.net
Several builders are members of the MLS and enter their own listings but they don't keep up with it, and many other builders hire Realtors like me to list their homes. We have (my office) right now over 484 homes listed for builders in DFW and twice as much between Houston, Abilene and Austin. We have so far listed 91,866 homes.

You can search Realtor.com and narrow it down by the year built, i.e. 2009 or follow this link.

http://quickfinder.homesusa.com/

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
I don't know of any website that does this.

My advice would be to get a local Realtor from the Grapevine/Keller area to assist you with a list. A qualified buyer's agent will know the new construction sites in the area, and can also put together a list for you from the MLS. They can also assist you in the process of viewing these homes, and best of all at no cost to you.

It is important to have someone helping you when dealing with builders, the sales people they have on site may be helpful, but they are looking out for the best interests of the builder, not you.

Remember, using a Realtor as a buyer costs you nothing, their fees are paid for by the home seller.
I've never found a good website I like as they are all pretty much ad based.
So if the builder won't pay, they don't get listed.
There aren't many spec homes right now, so most will be build to suit.
You can check my hot on homes link below for some links, perhaps better than nothing.

Remember always, always, always, take your realtor with you when you go to visit the builders.
They often want us there the very first time you speak with them.
The sales people are always nice and friendly, but remember they are working against you.
You definately want someone in your corner representing your interests.

We'll also have some new homes in the MLS if you would like us to send you a list.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Happy New Year House Hunter!!

If you would like to visit my website, http://www.truvaluerealty.com I have a link on the lower right side of the home page, that will help you out. The link states "Save $1000's on Red Hot Deals". Click on that and it will give you a map to pinpoint the areas that you want, and then it will give you a list of new homes in that area by various builders. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help you out. Thanks!

Jackie
Tru Value Realty
Houser Hunter,

I would contact an "area" Realtor.

As agents, we are allowed to show new homes/new construction to buyer's. Most builder's cooperate with outside brokers.

An agent well versed in these areas would be able to answer many questions regarding new developments.

Web Reference: http://www.weberhomes.INFO