Home Buying in Mahopac>Question Details

Tricia, Both Buyer and Seller in Bronx, NY

New Construction - are the list prices negotiable?

Asked by Tricia, Bronx, NY Mon Apr 13, 2009

Other than upgrades, is the base price a fluid number in this market? What have they been selling for...or have they?

Answers

5
Geraldine’s answer
Tricia, New homes like any other homes on the market will sell for what they are worth in the current market. There is negotiability on the ones already existing because they want to move their inventory and pricing is flexible and of course the ones to be built, builders in this market are not going to spec homes, but they will build to suit and of course will be more flexible in their pricing and negotiating because they want to build. I am very knowledge and represent many of the locat builders in Mahopac. I have represented buyers building from scratch and I myself have went through the process. Gigi
As Mike pointed out, a house that is already completed will likely have a better price point. A good broker can help you find the type of builder who will be more negotiable and anxious to sell. Recently sold new homes in Mahopac include a 3300sf colonial on 2.75acres for $700,500, and a 4658sf custom colonial on 2.38 acres in a new development for $1,025,000.
Hi Tricia, I find in this market the price is absolutely negotiable unlike a few years ago where the prices wouldn't budge much for new homes in Mahopac. I deal with new construction in Mahopac all the time and have the listings set up on my site.

Here is a list of all the new construction developments in Mahopac: http://www.miketrinch.com/mahopac-new-construction.php

For a house that is completed and no further upgrades negotiated, you will find nice discounts under asking. Even houses not built yet, the builders are offering great discounts on upgrades.

I work with builders who have vacant land to build on and can custom build you a house to your liking and for a good price, these homes are not listed online so feel free to contact me for further info in regards to pricing.

If you need anything else you can reach me at Mike@MikeTrinch.com
YES, in todays market, definately..ASK if they are running "specials" or including the ammenities/upgrades... find a good buyers agent to represent you and your interests. Negotiations are one of the main/best reasons to have an agent (not just to open doors). I used to work for a national builder,and they always had a "base" price, but it did change. Builders are also "short selling" these days.... Do you have a development in mind already? Do you have an agent? If you need either, please let me refer you to a trained, certified agent to help you! I can request a relocation agent who is trained in new construction as well. It is easy and a free service to you. I can usually have someone in contact in about 24 hours, just let me know... 845-401-1448 lisa.brodsky@coldwellbanker.com
http://www.currierandlazier.com/lbrodsky
Tricia,

Everything is negotiable but be aware interest rates are very low. Its the perfect time to buy if you are in the market and at the price you can afford. $8,000 tax credit helps too. You can check out and see what the other units have sold for too, most recent sales should be used to make a judgment.

Best of luck

J Douglas Montgomery
Broker/Owner, HomeNY Corp.