Cindy Arroyo, Renter in

Neighborhood across from Frito Lay (HWY 58)

Asked by Cindy Arroyo, Mon Jul 15, 2013

We where interested in buying a home in the neighborhood accords from Frito lay. We wanted to know if it was less competitive to buy a home there than in the city? Since its outside city, unpaved streets etc... Do homes go for sale often there? How about price difference from city?

Answers

3
We had an excellent property listed in that area which was a HUD foreclosure. The bidding period has closed but it is in the early stages of escrow at this point and could come back on the market. The home is located at 5125 Judd, approximately one acre, Built in 2006, this 1540 sf, 3 bedroom 2 bath home is listed for $155K. It is a well-constructed home, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. If it comes back on the market, you should definitely take a look at it. It is not unusual for HUD homes to come back on the market. The only way you will be aware if this happens is if you find a Realtor to help you. Realtors know as soon as a house goes into the MLS or comes back on the market and they can make you aware of that also by email. It is a great tool to have when you are looking for a home. If you want more information, just give me a call. DEE OLIVER LICENSE #00807806 - 661-747-7763 - MIRAMAR INTERNATIONAL.
I just valued a property in that area, there are about 9 streets, and the homes sit on 1 acre lots. As the other agent said there is a mix of new construction of stick built homes and others are manufactured. I think it is a neat neighborhood, and if a property comes available it may or may not be as competitive as the city, but I would be prepared to move quickly if you eant a home in the area. If you would like I can map the area so you can receive any new listings that come available directly to your email. You can either call me, email, or visit my website to do so.
Cameron Miller
Broker/Owner
Success Real Estate
Hi Cindy,
That area has such different properties in it, that makes it difficult to group all the prices together. The lots are all either a full acre or a half acre and some have stick built homes, while others have manufactured homes.
There was a time that those homes would sit on the market for a while but with our lack of inventory in town, more poeple are open to looking out there.
So, with that said, if a home comes active in that area I would advise you to not hesitate!
If you are not working with a Realtor at this time, please contact me. I will be happy to help you find the perfect home for you.
Valerie