Home Buying in Waterbury>Question Details

Sharon, Home Buyer in Amityville, NY

Need to know what type of area Industry Lane, Waterbury, ct is? I am looking to move there and not familiar with area. Is it safe?

Asked by Sharon, Amityville, NY Thu Jan 31, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3107117530-105-Industry-Ln-9-…

Answers

4
There are no hispanic delis in Lakewood, the neighborhood encompassing Industry Lane. So you were in a different part of Waterbury. As a city Waterbury does have both desirable and undesirable areas. Industry Lane is in one of the major retail/business hubs of the city and is a stable community. Im a college educated professional that enjoys living there. But if youre not comfortable look elsewhere.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 10, 2013
Well I was in the area and not for nothing I was taken to a latino deli with bulet holes n the store front and would not get out of the car.
I own a townhouse in this area. It is very safe, diverse and working class/lower middle class. The townhouse complex at the top of the hill (Pine Village) has more renters, children and therefore is noisier. But this is a good area for Waterbury standards.
I was taken to a latino deli around the e main st area. I asked for a safer area however was played by the realtor. I do appreciate your comments and just wanted truthful info
Flag Sun Feb 10, 2013
Like it's name implies, there is a business area you have to travel through to get to this condo. Once you get past the business section, the area does become less developed. The unit itself is a good size at just under 1100 sq ft, looks amazing, and has a garage, which a lot of townhouse units don't have. This is a great location if you want to be close to shopping, dining, movies, etc. You would be about 10 minutes from the highways.
I don't think this condo development is FHA approved so you would need to speak with a mortgage professional to see what your options are if you aren't paying cash.
As a Waterbury resident, I would be happy to show you around Waterbury.so that you could decide which area you feel the most comfortable in. For more information or to schedule a tour of the greater Waterbury area, please give me a call. My cell is 347-556-0014.
Ruth