Home Buying in Bayville>Question Details

Erick Vogel, Home Buyer in Bayville, NJ

Need to find out what bank owns a home bayville nj

Asked by Erick Vogel, Bayville, NJ Thu Aug 23, 2012

I'm looking at a house and want to know how to find out what bank owns the home its a short sale house the realistate won't tell me who the lienholder is on the house

Answers

5
It will do you no good to know who the lien holder is. They don't own the house and therefor they can not sell it to you. The owner still owns it and the lien holder or mortgage company will only deal with them or their agent. Knowing the lien holder is not going to get you anywhere and they won't even speak with you.
Most of the time, the loan is only serviced by a bank, it's often owned by an investor. The servicing bank will negotiate the short sale on behalf of the investor, but the ultimate decisions will be made by the investor and not by the bank, within guidelines, of course.

You should be able to go to your County Clerk's office and look at the deed book to see who has filed a lien against the property. This is what the title insurance companies do. Many times the clerk's office will assist you somewhat, show you how to do this work on your own and with any luck the liens are filed electronically, but you'll have to do the legwork on your own unless you want to hire a title company to do it for you.
If it's a short sale you won't be able to get any information from the bank. A short sale home is still owned by the individual on the mortgage and without his or her permission the bank will not talk to you,
The address is 24 mallard rd bayville nj 08721
Weichert Financial Services
From my experience at Weichert with one of these loans it was owned by an investor. good luck. Recommend you get a buyers agent and attorney that know how to handle short sales.
Flag Fri Aug 24, 2012
Hi

If it is a short sale the bank does not own it yet. short sale means there is a seller that owes more money to the bank than what the fair market value is. let me know the address I might be able to find out who the lien holder is.