Home Buying in Germantown>Question Details

Cbradfordshi…, Home Buyer in Germantown, TN

Need recommendation for a realtor.

Asked by Cbradfordshireton, Germantown, TN Mon Apr 13, 2009

We need an EXPERT on Germantown properties and Germantown schools. This seasoned professional should know the real ins and outs of the best schools, not just how to find the test scores - we can find that. We need this professional to work with our family and LISTEN to what we are looking for - not just give us pat answers. Can anyone recommend a hard-working realtor who will have my best interest at heart and keep it top of mind?

Answers

13
I think maybe what you want to do is rephrase your statement about the school issues. What your suggesting could be considered "Steering" which is considered illegal!! No realtor is going to risk their license over something like that and if they would then you don't want them anyway. If you focus on your needs in education you might rule some schools out while others may be a better fit. That should not be construed as illegal. Maybe your question should be what shool district is the most requested/sold? That would be offering statistics. Unfortunately, our laws require us to give some pat answers whether we like it or not!! While I am not in that area, I do a tremendous amount of networking. I choose people who's work ethic is similar to mine, with customer service being at the top of the list! If they don't live up to my expectations they are scratched off! Please feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to refer you to an agent.

Good Luck,
Angela Hill
903-714-4365
angela@angelakhill.com
Web Reference: http://www.angelakhill.com
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your wants and needs with you and your family. I have been working in the Germantown/Collierville market for the past 8 years. I will always keep what I believe to be in your best interest in the forefront.

Gerald Williams
Affiliate Broker
Mortgage Loan Officer
BenchMark Realtors, LLC
BenchMark Mortgage, LLC
901-413-2233
gh_williams@yahoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 13, 2009
Give me a call! Sherry Hulen Crye-Leike Realtors 901-550-6270
I work with a lot of relocation people so I am pay lots of attention to detail!
I can give references!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
Anyone but Rhonda Avant in Germantown, TN. She is horrible.
My name is Dean Jones with Keller Williams. I have lived in this area all my life and would be happy to help you if you are still in the market.
Nt sure if you are stil in the market, but Stanley Mills of Crye-Leike helped us buy our current home. We almost offered on a home south of Poplar until he "showed us the light" of Dogwood/Houston/Houston school districts. He really helped us from fumbling. Now we are listing our home with him and hope it will sell soon. Stanley knows Germantown well.
Hello cbradfordshire. I was just wondering after all of these months, did you find what you were looking for? Did you find the right Realtor, right home, right neighborhood for you?
I am so glad I could be of help and thanks so much for posting like you did. I operate a little bit differently than most I guess in that I love feedback! l don't know what to change if no one ever tells me. When I get back to the office I'll shoot you some names! Again, good luck!

Angela Hill
903-714-4365
Cbradfordshire,

I understand your concerns. Being in the correct neighborhood for your family and lifestyle is extremely important. Just give me a call or send an email and lets talk about what you and your family want.

As I said in my earlier answer, I welcome the opportunity to discuss your wants and needs with you and your family. I have been working in the Germantown/Collierville market for the past 8 years. I will always keep what I believe to be in your best interest in the forefront.

Gerald Williams
Affiliate Broker
Mortgage Loan Officer
BenchMark Realtors, LLC
BenchMark Mortgage, LLC
901-413-2233
gh_williams@yahoo.com
Cbradfordshire,
I would like to refer you to either Jo Shaner or Doanne Milner both are Keller Williams agents and very seasoned. Either one should exceed you expectations. I hope you understand the grief I will take for this, there are many good agents and I could exceed the character limit if I named them all.
Ok, thanks for the clarification and education, Angela.

So, my rephrased question is: Does anyone have a suggestion for a realtor who's an expert on Germantown, TN properties and who understands the value of living north of Poplar because of resale issues and home values - and won't just steer me to some cheesy part of the area because they'll increase their commission.

You know, I can understand after Angela explained (without being condescending) the issue with my question and that agents can't legally interject subjective guidance. Makes sense and was probably established to protect the consumer. However, I gotta tell you...as an aside...as an agent you really should know many aspects of what makes a location valuable - whether you ever share that with me or not. In other industries we certainly do.
Fred is right, a Realtor should not steer you in any direction. They can tell you where to go and get the information but it is up to you research the schools. What you see may differ greatly from what I see when looking at a school. A good Realtor will help you through the process of finding and buying a home by listening to what your wants and needs then matching those to what is listed for sale. You should have no trouble finding a Realtor who is an expert on the property in Germantown but they are not going to be an expert on the schools unless they happen to be trying to do two jobs (realtor and educator).
Unfortunately you will not find any realtor that can guide you in respect to the "best schools", as this is completely subjective, and against the law for agents to give you advice on this matter.

Good luck with your research!