Don'tKnowwhe…, Other/Just Looking in 23602

Need real estate broker who can assist me with possibly buying a home soon. I have poor credit and I need to know how to get on the right path

Asked by Don'tKnowwheretostart, 23602 Mon Oct 28, 2013

Need a patient person
Pushy people scare me away.
May or may not buy soon, but I want to know my options.

Answers

5
We like our real estate agent. Stephenie Shanks. 757 816 6319. Give her a call. She also knows mortgage people and can point you to one that can help with your situation. Our credit is not stellar either.
Buying your first home can sometimes be scary and intimidating, especially if you don't know where to start. My recommendation is two-fold: First, take time to sit down one-on-one with a local Realtor for a buyer counseling session - even if you're not ready to purchase right away. There are a lot of agents like me that will work at your pace and walk you through each step before it happens. This will eliminate surprises and increase your confidence! Second, as many others have suggested, talk with a lender recommended by your agent for a pre-qualificiation letter to determine what your options are. This can seem like a scary step, but it's actually very simple and it doesn't commit you to buying. Once you have a chance to look at the numbers, I think you'll be surprised at how much home you can afford based on the current rental rate you're paying! A good lender will also help you develop a plan of action to bring up your credit.

For a better understanding on the steps to buying, check out my blog, Hampton Roads Real-E-Statement, at http://www.alyssagodwin.com. You can flip through at your own pace and, hopefully, find answers to many of your questions!
Web Reference: http://www.alyssagodwin.com
I always suggest you get a team in place to assist yu in purchasing a home. Select an agent that you feel good working with and ask that agent to recommend a local lender that he or she works with. This way you have the two major players on your side who can assist you with your mortgage approval and finding a home within your budget.

I have a very experienced loan officer that I refer all my clients to who know all types of funding and is experienced with helping people with any required credit repairs.

Call or email me so we can make arrangements to meet to get to know each other and see if we mix well. Then I can give you the information on my preferred lender.

John R Beavers, Realtor
Heartland Realty
757-812-0399
jb4homes@gmail.com
Give me a call. I am a loan officer and work with many people needing credit repair.
Dana 757-223-9494
1st step: Get pre-approved for a home loan to determine how much you can afford, if credit score is too low to qualify, I can help you improve it quickly with some advise.

2nd step: Find a home and put in an offer. Once accepted, you may lock an interest rate and product.

Give me a call and I can pre-approve you or help to improve your credit score if needed.

773-739-5111
Guaranteed Rate