nashville_ro…, Home Buyer in Ashland City, TN

Need input on survey on purchase of land with house.

Asked by nashville_rose, Ashland City, TN Fri Sep 28, 2012

In process of purchasing a home on 50 acres. No survey of land available. Both our real estate agent and selling agent are irritated we are requesting survey performed prior to purchase of land. Would any buyer not require this? This is not the first time we have run into this scenario, and we have encountered the same affect from the real estate agents.

Answers

2
At one point in time there should have been a survey done, and the sellers should have it, or even the sellers prior to them. I agree that the sellers should have given this to their agent upon listing the property. Where I live there are large parcels and all agents have a copy of the survey in their file for it is always requested to confirm acreage, fencing, etc.

Your agent shouldn't be irritated with you, and you should flat out tell him or her that he or she should know better! Especially if this isn't their first rodeo with a large parcel.

Put your foot down and have the sellers agent produce the survey.

Have a great day;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit & Mortgage Consultant of
Everlasting Credit Repair
Retired Mortgage Banker
http://www.everlastingcredit.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
You should check with your Seller through the Agents. If the seller does not have the survey, you should be able to get property lines from Township's Planning Department.
If this does not work out, You may have to do your own independent survey by hiring an independent survey company.
I hope this helps !!