Home Buying in Round Rock>Question Details

Anoopgnairs, Home Buyer in

Need input on how long it normally takes to buy a house in Round Rock or Cedar Park?

Asked by Anoopgnairs, Fri Dec 28, 2012

I am moving to Round Rock,Texas this January from California. I am planning to rent first to know the area and then buy a house somewhere in Round Rock or Cedar Park . I want to know how long will it take to buy a house as i need to decide whether I should sign a 2,4 or 6 month lease with my new apartment.

Thanks for your help.

Answers

11
Thanks for all your replies.
Welcome to Texas!!!! Get ready for the heat!
I would recommend a six month lease anything shorter would be very expensive. If you are pre approved that will speed up the process. Upon finding a home and getting a accepted offer you can figure about 45 days to close. Cedar Park and Round Rock are popular areas. What exactly are you looking for? Let me know if I can help! Good luck on your move and Welcome to Lone Star State!
Agreed, I use a common estimate of 40 days, but it really depends on the lender and how many issues you run up against during your purchase. The biggest issue we're seeing these days comes in the form of appraisals. You can be as prepared as humanly possible and still run up against poor appraisals at the very end of the purchase process. Still 40-45 days is a solid estimate. Welcome to Texas!

Trey Jackson
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty - Cedar Park
(512) 665-1745
Hope your new year is off to a GREAT start!

From the time you have an accepted offer on a home it generally takes 30 - 45 days till closing. Assuming you are financing. If you are paying cash, maybe as soon as 2 weeks.

I also have a great deal of experience with apartment locating and would be happy to help you with that and also finding and buying a home.

You probably want to go with a 6 month lease...a shorter lease really diminishes the number of options you have to choose from since most landlords and apartments do not offer shorter term leases...and the ones that do are going to be much more expensive usually.

Bobby Schultz
512-659-7996 (call or text)
schultz.bobby@gmail.com
I have a relocation guide that I would be happy to send you, then we can go over the areas that might work for you depending on what is important to you. If you plan to build your new home you would need 6-7 months if you buy a resale then your only time limit is your financing.
I have lived in Round Rock for over 12 years now and would be happy to show you the area and see if we can work together to find the right place for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
I would suggest no more than 6 months lease will give you a large window where to get familiar with the different areas and decide location convenient for you and your family.
Also looking at schools and commute time.
So having said that once the right house is located and an offer sent to the seller (if looking at re-sale) consider about 45 days. I closed in 28 days ...if necessary that can be done.
If consider building a new home then you should consider 4 months aprox. But if looking at Short Sale and Foreclosure it will take longer to close between 60 and 80 days, to be safe.

I live in Round Rock and love it as I do love Cedar Park. Both conveniently close to major road and expressway.
I will love to help you make the right decision combining location, house preferences and your budget!
Available via text or email and of course 512-529-6524
In advance we welcome you to Austin!
Web Reference: http://Door2AustinHomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012

I would think a 4 to 6 month lease would be sufficient. The time frame honestly depends on how long it takes to choose the home that's right for you, as well as the type of financing you will be using and whether or not you've been pre-approved.
I live and work in Round Rock, and absolutely love it! :)

Please contact me at any time with any questions you might have.

Trinity Valero
(512) 626-2262
trinityv@kw.com
Depends on your lender and type of home being purchased. Post contract, HUD, VA, FNMA properties can take 6 weeks or longer. Bank owned homes should be able to close in 45 days or less. Short Sales...4 to 12 months. Traditional seller....30 days IF you have a solid, honest and truthful lender.
That all depends on how long it takes to find the right house for you and on your financing. Typically, once an offer has been made on a house, it takes about 45 days to close on it.

If you would like, give me some particulars about what you are looking for. I can send you what's available now, and then as new houses come on the market you'll get an email. While Trulia and other public websites are great for getting a feel for the market, they are notorious for not being updated quickly. Notifications directly from our MLS are the most accurate.

Have you been prequalified? That's the important very first step. I can help with that as well. You can contact me anytime for questions and assistance!
Depending on your loan program, your lender and the home you choose, it can take 30 - 60 days. For a normal resale, know 2 lenders that can close in 45 days or less. If you're using Wells Fargo, Chase or Bank of America for your loan, plan on at least 60 days.

When you get here, I'd love to sit down with you to discuss what to expect when you purchase real estate in Texas. My relocating clients are always a little shocked at some of the differences.

I hope this was helpful.
Gina Nyland, REALTOR®, GRI, e-pro
Co-Manager
Prudential Texas Realty, Cedar Park
gina@NylandTeam.com
Depends on how you are buying it, cash or with a loan. Cash transactions can close in an little as ten days. Loans to a little longer, depending on how well you have prepared your documents and your credit history. Figure on about 45 to 60 days to close with a loan.