Home Buying in Titusville>Question Details

Mary Barson, Both Buyer and Seller in Athens, TN

Need information about Titusville Please.

Asked by Mary Barson, Athens, TN Sun Jun 1, 2014

I noticed that housing in Titusville area is very inexpensive. How far is this area from Palm Beach County, where I have family? Also, what zip codes are the more "desirable" zip codes for an older lady?

Answers

3
There are good and bad areas in titusville.
Old homes run down apts. If you are buying
and can afford 80k you can get some nice
townhomes or Condos I looking for my 86 yrs
Mother in that area. I prefer 32927 then 32780.
Port st John is nice the next town south.
I don't know much info about renting .
hope this helps
Roc n Ric
West Palm Beach (or Palm Beach County) is about 2hrs - 2hrs 20 minutes south of Titusville. It's on the East Coast of Florida and a straight shot down I-95. Not really far depending on how much you like to drive!
Titusville is very far from Palm Beach County. It is located on the opposite side of the coast. The prices are lower due to the high crime rates, and the fact people would rather foreclose and move than stay in a bad section. The school ratings are really low, and below standard...although you are not interested in the schools, it is still worth noting lower school ratings equal high drop out rates, equal many uneducated people, those that will never have the ability to find a job without skills, and more likely to steal from those with a home and income. There is a great rare of crime in both Cocoa and Titusville, two bad areas to live. But, since prices are low, low-income families, may afford it.
Please check your facts. Titusville is near the Atlantic Coast, as is Palm Beach. As previous post indicated, it's a straight shot down I-95, two to two & a half hours drive. The school district is consistently ranked quite high in the state for performance (in spite of being towards the bottom in per-pupil funding). My youngest is a senior at Titusville High School and both of my children have received a wonderful public school education - my oldest had almost 2 years of college credit upon completion of High School. I don't know the crime rates, but our Sheriff truly cares about our community and I feel safe in the areas I frequent. My home just sold in 2 days, multiple offers, over list, cash buyer - and I believe my agent helped me set an appropriate list price. In spite of slowdown at KSC, there are still many great - and educated - people here. it's a wonderful place to raise a family. I've been here 22 yrs and would stay, but spouse's job is taking us West.
Flag Sun Aug 10, 2014